Spinning Through the Wood Pile

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dalboy":65kj2l60 said:
Very nice Chas, it is surprising how many configurations you can come up with when making these segmented pieces

Trying to get the variation with the minimum of change in process Derek judging by that piece and another glue-up in the pipeline I need to take more care with stock preparation and cutting accuracy, drifted off into the 'what if' mode rather than watching the preparation detail.

An assemblage of left over pieces (spares) just to see what came out.
Usual CSS & Buffed to Microcrystalline wax finish.
DSCN6669.JPG
DSCN6670.JPG
DSCN6671.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN6669.JPG
    DSCN6669.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 316
  • DSCN6670.JPG
    DSCN6670.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 316
  • DSCN6671.JPG
    DSCN6671.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 316
I prefer this one to the last one(nothing wrong with the last one just personal preference) especially the bead detail around the outer top part.
Managed a bowl today will post tomorrow when taken some photos

Love you turning....guess it gives an great sense of achievement!
Especially like the ones with lids!
Thanks for posting.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

This afternoons effort, same basic theme;
DSCN6672.JPG
DSCN6673.JPG
DSCN6674.JPG

Not that it's over apparent in finished item but spent a bit more attention to component preparation & clamping to get better assembly control and reduced the turning process needs & time.

Attachments

• DSCN6672.JPG
    DSCN6672.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 253
  • DSCN6673.JPG
    DSCN6673.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 253
  • DSCN6674.JPG
    DSCN6674.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 252
Following a request during the local Village Hall craft sales funds raising event on 30th. Nov. for some additional items, I have managed to season some blanks and to get my act together.
DSCN6675.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN6675.JPG
    DSCN6675.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 203
Three more, hopefully that will be enough, there's not enough time for me to stage the turning to meet the dimension control this side of Christmas.
DSCN6676.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN6676.JPG
    DSCN6676.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 185
CHJ":2r8jjdh0 said:
….. hopefully that will be enough, ..
That was a vain hope, better get some more rough turned blanks sorted to dry out ready for the new year.
Time for some variations on the theme and a bit more definition on process control I think to cut down on the production timescale.
Batch production can be therapeutic but the risk of reaching a boredom threshold needs to be negated as much as possible.

Dalboy":2y02leyl said:
At least you are getting some workshop time. I am feeling terrible and don't want to play with machines at the moment :cry: :cry: :cry:
Sorry to hear that Derek, hope you can get the mojo back with a bit of Christmas cheer.
Turning time is going to be limited with the chores that keep cropping up related to the time of year.
Spent seven hours today for instance helping with the preparations for and serving of 3 course Christmas Turkey meals for 50+ at the village luncheon club, no doubt will be shattered tomorrow after finishing off with 2 hours feeding the industrial dishwasher, suspect it will be easier to find something else to do rather than resorting to extra heater time to make things comfortable in the shop.

I will just be glad when I feel like getting into the workshop. I have so many ideas running around the inside of my head at the moment especially as all I am doing is sitting here the mind does not stop thinking of new ideas.

Braved the cool workshop to get another oddment out of the way.
DSCN6677.JPG
DSCN6678.JPG
DSCN6679.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN6677.JPG
    DSCN6677.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCN6678.JPG
    DSCN6678.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCN6679.JPG
    DSCN6679.JPG