The New Ferrex Bandsaw Aldi

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Royckk":2m30zo2y said:
Hi all, I bought one, haven’t used it yet as I’m busy refitting my garage/workshop
I have assembled it and my only concern is the small transparent drive belt which varies the speed, it looks like it may be he first thing to go. I have tried to find a spares supplier so I can have one ready to go but, as yet cannot find anyone who supplies these things, Aldi customer support aren’t interested and haven’t even answered an email I sent. I have noticed several people saying they think it is a re-badged Schapper.
Any help appreciated

will replacing the belt improve performance?

Thanks for the responses guys, I don’t have a problem as yet since I have not used it yet, I’m still using my manky old on. I am a bit of a worry guts especially about Chinese imports, the product goes out of stock and spares are impossible to get, it’s an unusual (to me) belt that is flat with ribs on the inside and about an inch wide. It is positioned into two different positions on the pulley to change the speed. Regards Roy

You shouldn't have any problems getting a replacement Roy. I bought replacement belts for my Record from a company who's name I forget at the moment, but I'm sure they were in Devon.

Our lass tells me last night that she was going to surprise me and order the saw but couldn't find it.
"Product No Longer Available" :( Customer service have no idea when or if it'll be coming back...

I think it went out of stock sometime last week pete unfortunately, to be brutally honest you'd be better off saving and getting a higher end one, there are a few flaws with this one anyway and all cheaper ones will have compromises.

thetyreman":1j2nfl6x said:
I think it went out of stock sometime last week pete unfortunately, to be brutally honest you'd be better off saving and getting a higher end one, there are a few flaws with this one anyway and all cheaper ones will have compromises.

Sadly I don't have the funds fella...I'm tempted at the moment to go for the Perform at Axminster for £119.00.

Latest posts

Back