Pin nailer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cordless nailers are definitely handier for smaller workshops that don't have space for a compressor or worksites where a compressor and hose is just an extra hassle. But the tool companies know that and they price the tools accordingly which means they aren't cheap. The only real "Inexpensive" Cordless nailers worth a look are the Ryobi ones and they're still in the £100 - £150 range without a battery or charger, The Aldi ones are also probably worth a sniff at for about £100 for the whole kit. I've seen a few cordless nailers on worksites and I've seen them break down as well. All the while the air nailer keeps on going without blinking an eye, And I've never seen one break, Only wear out after years of heavy use.

Best all-around gun for a hobby workshop would probably be an 18G gun, relatively small nail with plenty of holding power available in a range of sizes from ~10mm up to 50mm. But it's all really dependant on what you're planning on doing, if you're making tiny model dolls houses or the like then perhaps a 23G gun would be a better choice, if you're putting together bird houses then maybe a 16G or 14G gun would be a better choice.

Back