An invaluable lesson

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you call hardwood offcuts in Essex, I'm due to be there on Saturday.
I'll happily pick it up and ship it to you at cost, if you'd like...

Ps, I will only be there for about 30 mins, so can't spend a lot of time looking, but maybe they can tell you on the phone if they have what you need...

sammy.se":2gwnsv91 said:
If you call hardwood offcuts in Essex, I'm due to be there on Saturday.
I'll happily pick it up and ship it to you at cost, if you'd like...

Ps, I will only be there for about 30 mins, so can't spend a lot of time looking, but maybe they can tell you on the phone if they have what you need...

That's the sort of gesture that keeps me coming back to this forum, despite our occasional collective "differences of opinion" on sharpening, politics and driving standards! :D :D

You could try to drop into Yandles in Martock, just off the A303, on your way down to Southampton. They have a good selection of dry timbers mostly 1" thick planks but they might have some thicker pieces. They are open on the weekends.
Nigel Wakefield

All my workshop is in storage at the moment, if you can wait a few weeks I think I have a bit about that size.
Depends how urgently you need it

I am truly humbled by offers of help in locating and acquire the wood I need to finish my gift for my son.
I'm really pleased to say that MAC Saw mill first on my list has what I need to finish my table plus fingers crossed to supply more in the new year to make a matching cupboard for his Flat.

Again to all that have helped me a big big thank you

Well I'm very very happy to report that Mike has sorted me out with the Elm I required to finish my coffee table for my Son's Christmas gift.

Mike is such a nice man a true gent BUT sadly no Cake lol. We had a good laugh about cake I even offered to take home (fill my car) with wood to compensate me for no CAKE lol

I will be using him again in the new year as I have a book case I would like to make for my son next years gift also a mobile craft unit for my wife's craft room.

again to all that tried to help, offered solutions a big that you

Back