Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well yes.......road kill falls in that category. The buzzards' primary source of food are game birds (pheasant, partridge, grouse etc) shot and left, or killed by cars. Their revival is closely linked to the number of game birds released into the wild each year.

ace":1tn561sy said:
The core is bendable plywood laminated in 4 layers to form the curves.

Faced with metallic Formica type plastic laminate.

Looks far more effective than I thought it would.

A wooden cooker hood. Is that a good idea ? Minimum distance to combustables from a hob anyone ?

MikeG.":2tycj2x7 said:
MikeJhn":2tycj2x7 said:
Buzzards always look like that, especially when they have a kill to pluck.....

Buzzards are carrion eaters. They very rarely kill.

This actually looks more like a kestrel to me.

You are looking at the wrong picture, one is a Kestrel the other is the Buzzard, and I have seen one of our local Buzzards take a pigeon out of a tree in the copse opposite our house.

In Fact one of the Buzzards mugged the pigeon in the tree, it fell to the ground and another Buzzard jumped on it, so it may be able to be called tree kill as opposed to road kill. :wink:

Not wood, but my first attempt at stained glass. I've yet to finish the back, so there are still a few lumps and bumps.
DSCF0160.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF0160.JPG
    DSCF0160.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 157
Is this a stand alone pice or will it be incorporated into a window?

Talking of fish, another art piece.

Charlton Shallows.jpg

Attachments

• Charlton Shallows.jpg
    Charlton Shallows.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 295
Ambrosia maple and Zebrano box was the last thing i made, theres a loose piece of felt in the bottom, i was just seeing how that kinda thing looks, decided i don't want to go that route and will have a stab at lining it following Custards guide.

Attachments

• IMG_20191016_195426.jpg
    IMG_20191016_195426.jpg
    607.3 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_20191016_195407.jpg
    IMG_20191016_195407.jpg
    576.1 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_20191016_195512.jpg
    IMG_20191016_195512.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 248
craigsalisbury":1nxnnk7n said:
Ambrosia maple and Zebrano box was the last thing i made, theres a loose piece of felt in the bottom, i was just seeing how that kinda thing looks, decided i don't want to go that route and will have a stab at lining it following Custards guide.
Go for it Craig. It's a foolproof guide. My first attempts were top notch which shows just how good a guide it is. Get the right thickness card and suede, take your time and it's just marvelous.

Well I've been experimenting with some arty type stuff myself.

Here we have a cubist revisionary idealisation of 8 bit Pacman in 3 dimensional 4 sided oak with googly eye.
BBEsTco.jpg

Until I get famous and can sell intellectual concepts to bankers with money to launder semi legally I have decided to keep it safe by using its core artistic elements as newel caps for my house.
Avant garde don't come close.

nsv0SfJ.jpg

Look at his little face.
Bless.

I went crazy and made an over engineered bandsaw tensioner out of brass, brass rod and a lump of ash, looks a bit minecrafty but it feels solid:

Attachments

• ash_bandsaw_tensioner-7.jpg
    ash_bandsaw_tensioner-7.jpg
    701.7 KB · Views: 202
tony's box1.jpg
Made this for a relative newbie to our re-enactment group a couple of weeks ago. Closed season, so time to fix things that got broke/would like to have.

Attachments

• tony's box1.jpg
    tony's box1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 215
I finished this smoothing plane today. It's made of boxwood (thanks Custard!) with a holly wedge.

box_plane1.jpg

box_plane2.jpg

box_plane3.jpg

I've done very little plane making before, but I seem to have watched so many YouTube videos that I decided it was high time to have another go. It's not as easy as it looks and I expect you can all see the many mistakes a beginner would make.

There is one glaringly obvious problem though...

... it's far too small! :) :

box_plane4.jpg

Back