Titan bandsaw upgrade to scheppach hbs261

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robdoc

Reaction score
The tensioning wheel on my titan bandsaw is broken. The blade is tensioned so the saw is usable but I will be unable to replace the blade. Screwfix have offered a refund or replacement. I'm considering using this as an opportunity for a modest upgrade. Adding about £100 to the titans value is probably about as much as I could do. Does anyone have any views on the Scheppach hbs 261? The titan has just about coped with everything I've asked of it although has definitely been stretched at times.
Thanks

This probably won't help you one iota but a few months ago, I bought a Scheppach Basa 3.0 and have been genuinely delighted with it - I really don't know how I got to 57 years of age without a bandsaw in my life!

Hi I am trying to find the replacement blade size as apparently the size they list is too long. But found this in my search. Let me know if it answers your question

Struggling to put in link so search YouTube for “Titan bandsaw tensioning” by ukcd

Rob, if the tensioning is similar to the Elu 3501/DeWalt DW 738/739 then it's probably the threads have worn or stretched on the tensioning bolt. A fairly easy job to replace.
If you don't have a manual, take a photo so that everything goes back the right way round.

If anyones interested in an update...
Screwfix happily gave me credit for the value of the titan when I bought it which was £120 compared to £90 now. This is why I was looking at the scheppach, I was tied in to what screwfix had at around £200.
I'm really happy with the new saw. It's a significant step up from the titan. It took no time at all to set up and has resawn brilliantly. Way better than I expected at that price. It has cleanly resawn 3 to 5 inch blocks of oak and mahogany. The blades it comes with even performed brilliantly for a while before quickly dulling, but at least there were 2 of them.
I have very little experience so there may well be a better saw for similar money but so far I couldn't be happier with it. It has greatly increased the scope of the work I can do.

Back