Everest Windows- what a bunch of wank""s

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfer12

Reaction score
What do you reckon...fit the best ???3 months after fitting still no repair...
Fitter reckoned we were lucky to have him..one of the best fitters everest had lol :shock:

don' use everest...shocking workmanship..disgraceful customer services.. i'm trying to find a carpenter to sort this mess out that they left...
luckily i'm still holding about 10% of the total cost...they can sing for that... :evil:

Attachments

• PB032590.JPG
    PB032590.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 459
  • P8272568.JPG
    P8272568.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 460
  • PB172594.JPG
    PB172594.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 459
ok thx..i forgot to post the question which was the reason for the thread.....
Do the chippies here think it's possible to remove and replace the boards, without duly affecting the new windows..
I'm a bit worried as i think expanding foam is only holding them in...the gaps around them were huge..the surveyor was also dung..

If you do anything, you immediately nullify the warranty. Leave alone until you are sure that they will not chase you for the 10%

I don't know how they're still in business, they charge 3x more than most bespoke joiners and do an absolutely horrendous job.

I saw a quote from Everest the other day, £52.000 for 10 boxed sash windows, nothing fancy or complex and they would've been softwood really cheaply put together windows. £15,000 would've bought you 10 Accoya boxed sash windows with some excellent ironmongery from pretty much any reputable joinery workshop.

I would consider getting trading standards involved, that is simply unacceptable on every ground.

My mother had a quote from them for £18K more than any one else.

Pete

Rather than remove the boards I'd be tempted to route an inlay in. maybe a 20mm Flush aluminium strip, with a bit of patience you could curl the front over. make a feature of the join.

The cuts look like they were made with a hand saw?

Not knocking the people who have the skill to do that by hand (accurately), but I would have those these guys would be relying on power tools?

golfer12":1v4cqun8 said:
Do the chippies here think it's possible to remove and replace the boards, without duly affecting the new windows..
I'm a bit worried as i think expanding foam is only holding them in...the gaps around them were huge..the surveyor was also dung..

Just saw this, are you saying that expanding foam is the ONLY thing holding them in place?! If so that’s truly unacceptable and possibly dangerous if they’re not up against the brickwork or render as they could fall through if someone pushed against them.

They should be screwed through the frame to the building or steel straps attached to the side of the window back to the building inside.

Trading standards, definitely.

The window board is shocking and the repair/filling just shows the lack of professionalism. It needs removing and replacing, measuring the angle of the mitre rather than guessing.

The worry is if that’s the workmanship they think is acceptable for visible work, what is going on with the fitting itself? On that note I have seen windows fitting with foam and no fixings so I’d check... can’t imagine your insurance would pay out if someone ever decided to break in.

Do not hand over the retained cash until everything is snagged and rectified to your satisfaction... but I’d be demanding money back

Perhaps the boards have shrunk and the joints opened up even more since fitting?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

it rather shows that window fitters, whilst possibly very skilled do not necessarily have the finesse of a skilled site carpenter who would know the tricks needed to get decent tight, flush joints.

not surprised you are annoyed, I'd be livid, you'd think they'd at least put some kind of tongue inside the mitre to help prevent it from opening up like that.

The bad language filter on this site sometimes is quite funny, it's all hand-picked by the moderators so there are sometimes gaps in the fence, this word is a prime example.

The four-letter word starting with W doesn't get censored, but if you add "er" to the end of the word it changes to "sprout", but if you add an "s" to the end of it again it shows it in its full glory uncensored :lol:

I think I also remember a time a while ago where a moderator had been playing around with the settings with the word beginning with a letter "s", which resulted in all the words on the site beginning with the letter "s" being turned into "poop". If I recall correctly "Build a poop Mike's way" when it was supposed to be "shed" was a classic. :lol:

Clowns works, but I think the former was more accurate.

In a fairly recent post I happened to mention "Bar-steward" cut files which the naughty words filter changed to "turnip" cut!

Back