source for brass bar

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallace

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a supplier for brass bar, I've done a good bit of online searching with prices varying quite wildly.
I need 1 1(2" by 1(4" 2m long
1 1(2" by 3(8ths 2m long
The best price I've found so far is £194 delivered and that was from metals4u. One place was asking that just for one length :shock:

Have you tried metal supermarkets on Queensway South TVTA ? I've bought brass from them but quite a while ago.

Thanks for that Lons. I got a price and it was scary. I asked a guy who has done some machine work for me and he can get it for me for £135

Is this for something forsberg inspired? :D Next you'll be asking for a rosewood supplier :lol:

TFrench":113cdhx7 said:
Is this for something forsberg inspired? :D Next you'll be asking for a rosewood supplier :lol:

I did my last pk 5 years ago and replaced the wood lippings with brass which I liked, also the infill strip that the protractor runs in is missing so I thought why not use brass.
I also got a set of double mitres cast in bronze which will look pretty cool once machined up. I'm looking around for prices to get them done. My local engineers wanted £3OO per section :shock:

I reckon rose wood would be more expensive than brass is, god knows how much it cost for the brass he used on the adjustable mitre fence he made.

Lons":3heg5jjn said:
What are you making Wallace?

The PK sawbench Im making pretty at the moment was missing its infill strip in the sliding table. I'm going to fill it with brass

Back