Saw sharpening files

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Lons,

Good to hear about your past house renovation. This house was in a similar condition. A repossession, empty for 2 years with damage from a big water burst. We lived down stairs until the bedrooms were fit for purpose. It is a lovely friendly square of houses that were the original fire service family homes for Salford's 1906 built fire service. They were done up by Barratt's in the 1980s and the owners have been putting that right since!! I was brought up doing DIY and when I met Michael I asked him to paint a wall in the kitchen. When I got back from work. No painting, no Michael.
Hours later he came home and said he didn't know how to paint but as it was second nature to me he didn't know how to tell me. He does love to cook and I am a dreadful cook so it all works out. For a city house we have a big garden in a similar state to yours at the beginning, and the council let the community set up a communal garden on the former Manchester Bury Bolton canal so veg in the middle of the city. A stepping stone away from the Manchester Ship canal, which brought me over the Pennines to live - it's a thing of wonder and awe. But I am smitten by old industry. We visited the Kelham Island Industrial Museum in Sheffield, because I haven't seen enough of old tools clearly, a Bessemer outside and the massive Don engine inside. It's a good visit.

Linda. It has been an absolute revelation talking to you.
I wish I was close enough to pop in for a chat and a cup of tea. Maybe a slice of toast in the kitchen.

I salute you and yours.
I would think your father was very proud of you.
I hope you don't mind me saying.

My very best regards Linda.
Fair play.

Chris

Lindas":gfyv35h2 said:
Hi Lons,

Good to hear about your past house renovation. This house was in a similar condition. A repossession, empty for 2 years with damage from a big water burst. We lived down stairs until the bedrooms were fit for purpose. It is a lovely friendly square of houses that were the original fire service family homes for Salford's 1906 built fire service. They were done up by Barratt's in the 1980s and the owners have been putting that right since!! I was brought up doing DIY and when I met Michael I asked him to paint a wall in the kitchen. When I got back from work. No painting, no Michael.
Hours later he came home and said he didn't know how to paint but as it was second nature to me he didn't know how to tell me. He does love to cook and I am a dreadful cook so it all works out. For a city house we have a big garden in a similar state to yours at the beginning, and the council let the community set up a communal garden on the former Manchester Bury Bolton canal so veg in the middle of the city. A stepping stone away from the Manchester Ship canal, which brought me over the Pennines to live - it's a thing of wonder and awe. But I am smitten by old industry. We visited the Kelham Island Industrial Museum in Sheffield, because I haven't seen enough of old tools clearly, a Bessemer outside and the massive Don engine inside. It's a good visit.

Hooray, another Manchester member. :mrgreen: I'm sorry I missed your earlier posts regarding tools and timber. I would have probably bought some of both (without sounding presumptuous) if I had known earlier.
Good to hear that you've done well selling and it was very generous to give away all the timber. My condolences for your loss.

Sounds great Linda, a nice place to live.

The painting reminded me of my mother when I was a child. Dad used to nag that she didn't do any decorating so one day she did and he came home from work to find a hell of a mess with a river of paint dripping off the door on to newspapers, she had used a whole 1 pint ( old measurements ) tin on one side of the door.

The nagging stopped instantly and she never picked up a paintbrush again often recalling the incident with a smile and a wink. :lol:

Thank you Bm101, that’s a very kind thing to say. Scooby it’s raining in my bit of Manchester, which is actually Salford. That was funny about the paint, but I actually like painting and decorating. My plasterer friend thinks women make good decorators because they are more particular, this from the man who slipped down our stairs with a huge bucket of plastering slops!!

Lindas":2i9myv1m said:
I actually like painting and decorating.

As someone who hates it but is too mean to pay a painter hows about you have a little holiday in Northumberland and do a bit of therapeutic painting. I've done quite a bit so only 7 rooms left here to paint, won't take long. :lol:

Should I go to Harrogate show on Saturday or paint? Show v paint? that's a hard decision. :wink:

Back