Loud noise

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce paterson

Reaction score
Hi all new here I have a question, I have an aldi workzone/ sheppach scrollsaw which has all of a sudden started making an almighty cracking noise especially when I turn the speed up any amount, its never been the most quiet machine but this is so loud all I can do is switch it off, so if anyone has any ideas I'd be most grateful?

Do you have a receipt? they have a no quibble 3 year warranty from Aldi

Apart from lubrication, I can't suggest anything unless its mechanical failure, stress fracture etc

The only other thought is, if something is hitting a part of the frame when at speed

Thanks I've been trying to get in contact with aldi, not had a response from them yet but I will keep trying, I've checked the machine all over I can't see anything catching or knocking against the arms, anyway I'll let you know how it turns out!

Personally I would go into a branch, ask for the manager and tell him the problem, I have only ever had good dealings with Aldi and if he/she can't resolve it they should know how best to contact the right people but I suspect they will say return it and give a refund

I bought the last workzone 18g nail gun at our local Aldi that developed a problem. I tried contacting the customer care via e-mail and got no reply so I returned the nail gun to the shop, got a full refund no problem at all and waited until they got them in again. The next time they had them was the new Ferrox version and I've had no problems with that one.

So if still under the three year warranty you should have no problems getting a refund and you could wait till they get them in again or put the money towards a better one.

Back