Tool cupboard build (final update)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trevanion":2n5rg41l said:
MikeG.":2n5rg41l said:
This involved hours and hours of sorting out screws and so on. "Do I chuck out these 2-1/2" black Japanned done-headed slotted screws I haven't used in 25 years?".............

As soon as you chuck them out someone will come in the next week asking, "Have you got any screws like these?" #-o

Yep. Always happens. I chucked out most, but not all, of those sorts of screws, keeping a dozen or so of each in a mixed drawer of assorted odds 'n ends. So unless the need is for dozens, I shouldn't have jinxed myself too much.

sammy.se":1p1m7w0x said:
Thanks for taking us on the journey!

Definitely - I guess a lot of hours have been spent staring at that wall thinking 'what if?' Like the way it all works together. Shelf under the screw sorters is for your cup of tea I reckon!

Stanleymonkey":2r9ahjos said:
....... Shelf under the screw sorters is for your cup of tea I reckon!

It is. And for my big box of tissues (damn this cold!). I did think of putting a double socket there for battery chargers, but I'd rather keep it uncluttered because that is deliberately designed to be a place for the ends of long boards on the bench.

Can you pop round and tidy my workshop next :wink:

Nicely done.

Pete

Nice one Mike, I love looking at other peoples workshops and I went back through quite a few pages on here but there are very few workshop tours, so I appreciated yours. I might do one of mine when I get chance.
Things in skips. Well not quite a skip but a Barclays bank had closed down and was being stripped out and me being nosy I got talking to the chap and he was delighted that I would take all the old Victorian mahogany away as it broke his heart to burn it every time, he was stripping a different bank every week, this was probably 15 years ago. It really is beautiful timber. Some of it reminds me of rosewood. Ian

Back