Stanley Kestrel saws anyone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ED65

Established Member
Reaction score
I did a search and failed to find anything. Here's a pic (not mine) of the sleeve so you know what it's about:

lXt5g4g.jpg

Anybody have one, use one, know anything about them? I fear they came along too early to catch the resurgence in interest in hand tools, not that the bean counters would have allowed them to continue in production.

What is the tooth pattern on the saw? it's sort of an in-between size, but I'm guessing crosscut?

Can't tell from the photos showing the tooth line. There's only one closeup of the plate and it's of the (laser?) etch. In the overall shots the teeth are too small, plus the saw is resting on carpet in a shaft of sunlight which makes them even harder to make out.

Crosscut seems a likely bet given the TPI, and the teeth do look conventionally triangular.

Given the era, probably also more likely to be cross cut as the amount of ripping done by hand after 1930 or so must've been tiny.

No familiarity with the marked type, but looks a lot like the saws that were sold here in the 1980s or so (wouldn't be surprised if those were generally made in England and then sold here in the states).

70s to 80s would have been my guess for the era also, based purely on the graphic design.

Latest posts

Back