Integrated Fridge freezer, fixed hinge, 50/50

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyQ

Established Member
Reaction score
Orright, I am having a guern (N. I. patois for 'whine/complain/rant')...but...I put the exact same search string as this post's title into Gaa(!)ghle and the first page was full of "70/30", "sliding hinge", non-integrated/free-standing, the list of non-compliant results goes on. The next page was just as faulty...so were the individual subsidiary pages from all the major white goods suppliers.

Am I thick? Under Boolean logic, should the results not have started with fixed hinge models? What am I missing?

I need a left-hand hinged, integrated, 50/50 item, with fixed hinges to hang my doors on. FFS, is that too much to ask of Gloopel and whatever far-too-complicated-inadequate-algorithm-led-pages the others have cobbled together?

Steamin' Sam

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=INTEGRATED+FR ... ave&ia=web

Try that, and if you prefer it, stop using the appalling Google. Google gives you results based upon which advertising will pay them the most money. At no point do they consider what you want to see, other than as a start point for advertising revenue. And it uses the same energy as boiling a kettle, apparently. Using Google just encourages them.

Racers":qmbuoj3w said:

Interesting - cleaning cookies would fix it? I never log in to anything, no Google account, no Facebook etc, so I haven't noticed this. At least, I don't think I'm in a bubble, but how would I know - there's no one to disagree with me...

If it was my search, I would have out the "fixed hinge" before the "integrated fridge freezer", just to try and avoid endless white goods sales sites.

Trainee, been there, done that, got gazillions of hits on kitchen cabinet hinges...Fackacacawadja - as Muttley used to say?

Bubbles are an interesting possibility Pete. No1 child has an intimate working knowledge of same as that is her day job. After chatting with her, I will go home tonight to cauterise my cache and ream out a few dodgy hidden pc areas and then try again. Thanks.

Sam

Trainee neophyte":2yqwc0nq said:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=INTEGRATED+FRIDGE+FREEZER%2C+FIXED+HINGE%2C+50%2F50&t=brave&ia=web

Try that, and if you prefer it, stop using the appalling Google. Google gives you results based upon which advertising will pay them the most money. At no point do they consider what you want to see, other than as a start point for advertising revenue. And it uses the same energy as boiling a kettle, apparently. Using Google just encourages them.

Couldn't agree more. Their hegemony is frightening, they're malevolent, and I just have this thing about dealing with corporations who pay their fair share of taxes. I've used Duckduckgo for years, and it's excellent. They don't track what you search.

Sorry. Skim read Trainee's post (in noisy hospital corridor just now), will quackers tonight away from Gaa(!)gle. Thanks Mike and Trainee.

Sam

For some unknown reason the 50/50 fixed hinge are like hens teeth, we had to replace one about 18 months ago and there was only one make/model that wasn’t silly money. If you are still struggling let me know and I will dig the out the receipt and let you know what it was.

If it’s any consolation google was of little help, at the time and we resorted to our local independent (yes we still have one) supplier.

Good luck!

Thanks MrsC. I have the freezer, car insurance renewal and a few other assorted digital queries lined up to do this morning, so will take your kind offer up if I get no further.

Sam

Back