What's wrong with my laptop keyboard?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
First off I can't touch-type, and at this stage in life I don't think I could start to learn.

I have noticed that as I type, as I am looking at the keys, my cursor jumps all over the place, and I end up over-typing in a different part of the document, completely unaware that this has happened. It is pineappling me off. Does anyone know what's wrong and is there a cure?

I thought this was problem only with wireless keyboards. :evil: :evil: :evil:

John (hammer)

I suspect the heel of your hand is brushing the trackpad. Put a cloth very it and try again.

In Settings you can adjust trackpad sensitivity (or quicker, get a child to adjust it for you).

Really!!! As simple as that? Well uncle that try I'll be a monkey's!
Thanks Prof. I will try that!, as thinking about it you could be right! Gaffa Tape here I come.

Thanks again

John (hammer)

Theres a setting in the track pad options to turn it off when typing (normally,on most laptops). Bet it was turned on before and some update or other has deactivated.

My old one developed a dodgy connection that did this.
Being a work machine I replaced it as wasn’t worth the hassle to fix.
On most touch pads you can double tap top left to disable it, and I had to do that anytime I wasn’t using a separate keyboard/mouse

Thanks Tom.

I do use a separate mouse; a wireless, but I am thinking of going for a USB or a good old serial mouse. Wireless Meeces :) seem to die within weeks of purchase! I can't do any more than just keep my wrists away from the mouse pad at the moment, but once I get home, I will cover up the mouse pad property.

In the control panel I could find no mention of the track-pad settings. Or of the mouse TBH. So I'll put up with this until I get home again and can use my PC proper. USB mouse will be a first purchase after my discharge!

Cheers

John (hammer)

Back