An idea for clamp storage.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bm101

Lean into the Curve
Reaction score
I am currently doing up my shed. I have suspended all interesting work while I try to sort out practicalities like, universal extraction, electric points and storage. I made an mdf box for example that sits by the door and has three shelves. Goggles ears and mask. Idea being a place for everything and everyt..... anyway You get the drift. :roll:
Only reason I post this one is it worked out well. Lot of clamps stored Vs. Space used. And the designs do ok and its all really offcuts. Hope someone can benefit. Each size clamp benefits from a different designed shelf. The Middle size g clamp holes I cut with forstner bit and a chisel then rubbed load of glue in there to settle the mdf. The rest is obvious.
Only post because it seems to be an cheap efficient method of clamp storage in a corner. 20 in a foot square of dead space.
That and my Space rocket plans were rejected by NASA. Bit of a blow.

rTE4Jdl.jpg

Bottom shelf. Dowels.
Fk5eQw1.jpg

Middleshelf. Holes. The design means the clamps just sit steady. You dont have to alter the threads. The larger clamps in the photo above need the dowel.
hhMdML4.jpg

Topshelf.Nowt!
Overall:
9X2CKJJ.jpg

Anyway.
Cheers.
Chris

Neat use of space! Sometimes corners are a right accumulator of junk and usually lengths of stuff leaned up, broom handles, aluminium extrusions, bits of sticks, spiders.... you name it it's in the corner of the shed.

Don't worry about those fools at NASA, We at the Soviet Death-Ray Research Facility will be more than happy to have you! :wink:

Trevanion":25jtkcxb said:
Neat use of space! Sometimes corners are a right accumulator of junk and usually lengths of stuff leaned up, broom handles, aluminium extrusions, bits of sticks, spiders.... you name it it's in the corner of the shed.

Don't worry about those fools at NASA, We at the Soviet Death-Ray Research Facility will be more than happy to have you! :wink:

You'll need one of these mugs like mine then..

Certifiable Mad Genius Mug
by Retropolis_Travel

Yes that is my everyday mug, glad they still sell it, mine's chipped.

You almost have the right acronym too - SoDeRaF .

Change "Research Facility" for "Operational Factility and Factory" and you're there :)

SoD OFF.

Latest posts

Back