Bri's projects.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
Got this idea once againg from my sister art studio.
First on ripped to 10mm x 10mm strips.
then, drilling was a mare....
METCyRW.jpg

But I remembered the old tape trick lol.
Wplxcqy.jpg

Then it was easy to drill (6mm) dowel.
the sides were 22mm and the middle was 21mm, and the cross beam was 11mm.
QK3EXc6.jpg

angles cut as you can see.
DGS31mc.jpg

think it turned out ok, in fact im quite chuffed tbh.
fD29MmE.jpg

cIZ6hwM.jpg

Final sanding and all that to follow.
Made a larger one yesterday just to make sure it wasn't a fluke!!! :lol:
Thanks for viewing.
Bri

SammyQ":3rqmqvj9 said:
Jeez, you're good M8. Keep 'er lit!
Sam, in awe.

Hi Sam,
I'm hubbled by your praise.
Really appreciate it.
I would say i'm good :lol: just adapt things to make them :oops:
The key for me as my brain is injured, plenty of research, listen to all of yous.
And above all really enjoy the journey.
To me challenge, keeping my brain ticking, therapy, rest when needed, and not over do any massive projects I think of.
In time i'll get better, I don't have ideas of granjur (sorry cant spell this word lol) but the same time if I didn't have a reckoning that I could get better skilled it'll be time to shut shop and go and find another hobby, if you can understand lol.
Good days and bad ones just like anybody else.
Happy with my lot TBH.....I'm still hanging in there lol.
ASXqwpf.jpg

Hope thing with and yours are fine?
Bri

Fully understand and absolutely agree Bri. You get the greatest kick out of "loving it when a plan comes together" as Hannibal Smith used to say.
I'm an untutored amateur too who just tries to make as simple and as uncluttered a design as possible. I'm still at the 'function' stage, I struggle a bit with good-looking design, but if it works, I can live with that.
All good here; flapping around like a whole hen house of wet chickens, trying to undo at least 15 years of neglect and a cowboy builder before that, but hey(!) it keeps me off the streets and stops me molesting policemen.. :-"
Sam

PS Edit: "grandure"?? Or, "manure"? :D

Hallo all,
Was a early one yesterday, so I reckon brew some Lager for a pal, grains and hops weight out.
Then see how I manage a wood project later on.
Got to the last partition for the rebates for the top and bottom of a box, by hand (not table saw).
Got the table saw out, actually the first time I got the angle exact 45 degrees (using one of them digital box things).
All going well, obv a lack of consatration for a slip second and I cut it wrong.
Ohhhh well, I got a spare one, so ill continue later.
I was actually going to call it a day, then I spyed a possible project!!
I'll make a new thread for that, instead if my projects.
Bri

How much Anglo-Saxon did you use when you made your slip Bri?? I've been known to curse in at least three languages: Henglish, Oirish and "Dont let me hear you say that again Dad!". :D
My ex-Sixth Form mountaineers were SO impressed when I got stuck in a deep crevice on a tricky ascent and couldn't get my fat behind over a nobble behind me. I vocally reflected at length on the legitimacy of the rocks, my own inadequate diet control and the impending dose of the shakes as my legs went into spasm......"Oooh Sir! We wont tell more than eighty other people! Sir. Tee hee!" :shock:
Sam

10-8-19
Sorry all been under the radar.
Think the next project is going to be a stand for a small fish tank (hammer)
By doing it, my woodworking area is now free of fish tanks.....
Somthing had to go.... =D>
Tbh
Bri

17-08-19
Took the two fish tanks out, and now a wood shop again lol.
Instead of trying to build 100 projects is going to be 2 for now.
Starting with a basic bird box. (hammer)
Looking like this...maybe!! :lol:
mOV9VxL.jpg

So with my few brain cells I thought the best way for templates maybe some steel plate..
hacksaw was too much...
VyCbjOT.jpg

But this buety was ideal.
rHfKEKm.jpg

then...'thought might aswell use the first wood as the templates :lol:
G8OzdxD.jpg

bavZI9b.jpg

Off I go for some wood, maybe 20mm pine or 18mm...
TBC

Gots some wood.
Marking up now.
cS1UUPL.jpg

As you'll may know I use plenty of clamps, better with only one arm working lol.
mtDr0ge.jpg

S99wXQp.jpg

9NBJfnW.jpg

Roof partition.
NLU08lq.jpg

The sides cut to length.
Got a 32mm drill bit, the other one was 30mm.
Yb3wT9w.jpg

A bit of counter sunk time.
d6RKFIN.jpg

clamp and screw in place with the sides.
Not too bad so far.. (hammer)
DC1bvtb.jpg

Roof and the back support now.
TBC
Bri

Good to see you back Bri. Thought for a while there you had joined the given up club. Glad to see you posting again. Progress might be slow but its all progress mate. Nevermind them negative waves.
EiDunqp.jpg

Best regards
Chris.

Good to see you back mate.

From what I can remember - don't mount them on a south facing wall / post / side of tree - it gets too hot.

and don't paint them before they go up. The smell is too much for the birds and they won't nest in there. Someone else will tell me if that's true or a myth!!

I recently learned that budgies refuse to nest in a box that gets too much daylight inside - they like snug and dark,apparently. This may all be the same theory - north facing will keep cool etc. Also, different birds like different sized holes. Perhaps that needs rephrasing?

Thank you so much all,
=D>
Really great advice mind....I wouldn't think..lol.
Taking notes #-o

it is what it is....usual visit back to hospital, knacked the 'Grim Reeper' again...no time for turning over and disappear :lol: :lol:
Any ways a bit of side tracked with hobbys lol.
Tropical fish keeping and breeding.
Woodshop turned into fish room...….. :cry:
Then ova to my sisters and brother in law for a week and seen the bird boxes and bird table....and I was hooked again.
Luck has it our lass has went away to tend to her mam, two fish tanks into the dining room with another big tank.
6am & went work again, supposed to fit the bird box seat....you know me...side tracked :lol:
So i''l continue that later.
Coz a bird table is calling..
Thank you for the support and kind words, boost me no end.
Bri

hi all,
heres the next protect.
kdltKgv.jpg

cuQvP9c.jpg

pMm2MAg.jpg

X4qE857.jpg

So rushed up a quick whatsitchops for it :lol:
lrs0gbf.jpg

iKUGWIo.jpg

YxjdNRI.jpg

GuT33dI.jpg

dRkLP5K.jpg

eHNXAON.jpg

sIKzIZ5.jpg

The dimentions may change... :lol:
So off I go for suilable wood.
TBC>
Bri

so far lol (hammer) :lol:
wood for the base (and if needed a base for the legs at the bottom)
MVT7cpt.jpg

Shapes so far, minus the legs mind!
Laminate the roof over night.
qS9ziz0.jpg

Off to do water change Sunday on the tanks :lol:
Bri

Nice one. I have always wanted to make a bird Box, but there are just too many cats around my estate for me to put one up. Need to come up with a cat proof bird box :)

Keep up the good work!

Back