Looking for featherboards to fit a Draper CTS200 table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny G

Reaction score
IMG-20181002-WA0001.jpeg

Hi all, I posted about this in the thread about the Draper table saw £200 bargain that a fair few of you took advantage of, which probably wasn't the ideal place.

So, trying again, I'm looking for featherboards having accidentally bought a set of bench dog ones which of course don't fit the mitre slots.

I've uploaded a photo of the profile of the slot, I wondered if anyone could recommend a brand that would fit. From looking around the online sellers, my problem seems to be the depth of the t-slot in comparison to the height of the t-bolt head usually supplied. I could potentially grind them down, but I'd rather have some that fit from the off if they exist.

The slot itself measures 15mm across and the t-section is 20mm.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG-20181002-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20181002-WA0001.jpeg
    959.3 KB · Views: 550
I would look at magswitch options.

Either buy the magswitch kit, or make the feather pards and buy just the magswitch magnets.

Look at tool stations 6mm coach bolts
These grind down fine for t slots and are dirt cheap.

Did you find a solution to this? It seems a lot of the smaller cast iron table saws have these 15mm slots. I was wondering whether it would be possible to have the slots machined out to take the normal 19mm x 9.5mm accessories - do you think there would be enough thickness in the table?

touch and go I think. somebody did do it to the Axminster one once and it worked but I think it would be expensive.

if you have accessories using the "standard" slot, you could remake the bar from aluminium. there is one size, imperial or metric which only needs a little filing. if it is only for featherboards, you could make a hardwood version including the bar.

I would still give the magswitches some thought too.

Back