Hand Tool Wish List 1399 Router Plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RayDonovan":3p9taerd said:
Hi everybody, I'm Italian, just signed in and this is my first post. I bought a 71 two weeks ago. The price was 100 p. but I had to add 15p. for the shipping expenses. Why an old Stanley and not a Veritas? Being Italian I see things from a different perspective, old English stuffs are so well made, so beautifull and so fascinating, especially so fascinating, that they can't be confused with the new, modern ones. We don't have anything like that in Italy. I need 10 chisels to work .. I have around 150 of them. I have never used any chisel of my new Narex set, I prefer to spend a lot of time restoring Ibbotson, Ward, Sorby, Marples, Stormont chisels and find which is better (for me) and why. That's amazing. I don't crave a LV chisels set but an old Stanley 750 socket one :)
PS: sorry for my english

compared to my Italian your English is Molto Bene

I just wanted to thank everyone for their useful comments. I have pushed ahead to the next stage and have a new pattern and a set of prototype castings being made for me. The blade slot will be the V style to help with blade availability and better holding, and it will enable those Allen key modification warriors to make their own bespoke blades. I'll post an update when things progress.

Thanks again
Ian

AndyT":1h1mlv6g said:
Answering my own post about utilitarian sheet steel routers, I see that there are a couple of models under the brand "Cowryman" offered in the usual place which are the sort of thing I was talking about. You could pay £53 for the small or £96 for the large, but with the most basic metalwork tools and skills, it would be simple to make your own.
Dang. They're, err... not exactly lookers are they!

Locksy":1h1mlv6g said:
I just wanted to thank everyone for their useful comments. I have pushed ahead to the next stage and have a new pattern and a set of prototype castings being made for me. The blade slot will be the V style to help with blade availability and better holding, and it will enable those Allen key modification warriors to make their own bespoke blades. I'll post an update when things progress.
Very interesting. Would love to see some info on the patterns and casting processes.

sploo":7t2vyn6i said:
Dang. They're, err... not exactly lookers are they!

The fence looks to be a neat idea though, if it works?
I always wondered why more routers, both power and fixed dont have square bases.

Tom

Ttrees":use1jm5k said:
I always wondered why more routers, both power and fixed dont have square bases.

Tom

If a router with a square base is working along a straight edge, any accidental twisting will make the cut crooked. A circular base avoids this problem.

Latest posts

Back