anybody used wera screwdrivers?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
just wondering if they are actually worth it? I've seen some allen keys as well as screwdrivers on offer recently and have been tempted. :D

thetyreman":ittxh0h6 said:
just wondering if they are actually worth it? I've seen some allen keys as well as screwdrivers on offer recently and have been tempted. :D

Yep - they're top quality. Whether they're worth the cost is up to you, but given reasonable care they'll outlast most owners, unless someone half-inches them.

I've got the Wera VDE screwdriver set, and the Regular Black & Green screwdrivers. Both sets are excellent in my opinion and neither has failed me at all, they've all still got good unworn faces after 3+ years of fairly regular use. Only drawback is that they're not really for hammering too heavily but they'll take a couple of taps, if you wanted ones for hammering they do the "Chiseldrivers". I've also got the Multicolour Hex-plus set which is worth every penny! I've always struggled with finding and losing hex keys because they act camoflauged on the bench and are neigh on impossible to find amongst parts. The Hex keys are also FAR better at gripping than traditional Allen keys, screws which have rounded slightly and an Allen won't remove the Weras will remove it no problem. They're so good I'm very tempted to buy another set, If they did an Imperial set I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I have several of their ratcheting gizmos and love them to bits. A few of their screwdrivers with bits in the handle too and the allen / torx keys. The colour coding on the different sizes sure is handy. The main down side is the holders make getting things in and out more of a chore than I'd like / expect for the price

I think they're excellent. Better than other bit sets I've had before, and I wouldn't hesitate in replacing them with the same, should I have to.

I have the ratchet screwdriver, associated bits and the multi-coloured hex plus allen keys....

... and also their bottle opener! :)

Another +1 for Wera tools, my multi diamond bit screwdriver set (bought about 3 years ago and the model has since changed) has had serious use these last 3 years and even though I've got multiples of 2 & 3's I've not even had to replace the first #2 I took out from that set yet, no rounding of the edges or anything and it's done at least several thousand screw applications.

Chances are at this rate, this one set will last longer than I do.

Racers":3h42ucck said:
I insisted we all had these at work
https://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/wera-k ... pc-bit-set fantastic screwdriver, I can highly recommend them.

Pete

I have this one, and it is fantastic. Not only is it very ergonomic and the steel is excellent, plus all the bits one might need for furniture are there - but the parts are easily transferred to a drill. Very versatile.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Trevanion":cfnluvtp said:
I've got the Wera VDE screwdriver set, and the Regular Black & Green screwdrivers. Both sets are excellent in my opinion and neither has failed me at all, they've all still got good unworn faces after 3+ years of fairly regular use. Only drawback is that they're not really for hammering too heavily but they'll take a couple of taps, if you wanted ones for hammering they do the "Chiseldrivers". I've also got the Multicolour Hex-plus set which is worth every penny! I've always struggled with finding and losing hex keys because they act camoflauged on the bench and are neigh on impossible to find amongst parts. The Hex keys are also FAR better at gripping than traditional Allen keys, screws which have rounded slightly and an Allen won't remove the Weras will remove it no problem. They're so good I'm very tempted to buy another set, If they did an Imperial set I would buy it in a heartbeat.

thanks! looks like they do sell an imperial set but it's not the colour coded type: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wera-050217280 ... op?ie=UTF8

Had one of the multi bit sets for the workshop, and ended up getting another for the house, all the bits you need in a compact set.
Makes it easy to grab for odd jobs at other people’s houses as when they say it’s a hex screw and it turns out to be torx it’s not a problem

I have several wera bit holder handles in different sizes and a vde interchangeable blade set in their excellent maintenance kit.
If your focus is electrical , Wiha VDE with the slim blades are the best. Electrical work often involves spinning fine screws in and out and that needs a screwdriver with a slim smooth neck near the blade as well as some bulk in the handle body for torquing down. Wiha excell at this and Wera, though good for transferring power are clumsy for this specific application.
Wera (colour coded) allen keys and torx sets are excellent.

Latest posts

Back