One of Bobby's Kitchens

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Chaps,
These are images of a recent kitchen.
Nice simple plain one. Sub zero fridges and wine cooler. I like the colour combo.
cYxPst0.jpg

YBeQmok.jpg

IvyDe0c.jpg

yWbtiyL.jpg

nbegVRm.jpg

aRZSnN9.jpg

I never liked working in homes with CCTV! Makes me feel on edge all the time!

I remember replacing the sliding sashes in a seaside property (The old ones were only ~5 years old and had completely rotten through, "very reputable" company put in softwood windows in a high salt environment. Numpties #-o) where the owner had the CCTV installed in pretty much every possible location. This particular gentleman worked away in London somewhere (This was a kind of holiday home-eque thing that he used) so he was pretty much watching everything all the time on the concealed black dome CCTV cameras, very unnerving all the time as you didn't know when he was watching except for the times where you could hear the little motor of the CCTV cameras moving around remotely. I remember someone telling me that some of the paintings on the walls were worth 6 figure sums so I suppose he had a right to be a little cautious, I think he was also some form of minor relation to the royal family so I suppose that makes you a little paranoid too.

There was also a state of the art alarm system from what I could remember...

S62pot.gif

doctor Bob":oi0arkew said:
We do this sometimes to spy on our fitters.

Whoops! Sorry! I really didn't mean to put that piece of plywood in front of the timelapse camera! Honestly! :D

This is lovely!

Question for you if I can. With the white open fronted unit do you worry about the proportional split between the top and bottom, or do you just do the bottom bit to match the height of the other counter tops and make the top to finish a sensible height from the ceiling? Also, do you follow any rules re width vs height?

Something like this is my next project but I can’t get the proportions to look correct and it just looks odd on the drawings, which yours clearly doesn’t :)

Thanks

Looks good Bob.

Can I just ask about the TV cabinet. I am doing similar in my kitchen but the Samsung TV instructions recommend 100 mm clearance right round the telly (1 year old LED)? The sides don't seem to get warm at all and I have seen loads done like in your pic, I presume it is just Samsung covering themselves. Did you guys fit it or an AV company?

Thank you, Doug

Just make sure there is plenty of ventilation behind and the air can circulate.

Mrs C":8n94hgl9 said:
This is lovely!

Question for you if I can. With the white open fronted unit do you worry about the proportional split between the top and bottom, or do you just do the bottom bit to match the height of the other counter tops and make the top to finish a sensible height from the ceiling? Also, do you follow any rules re width vs height?

Something like this is my next project but I can’t get the proportions to look correct and it just looks odd on the drawings, which yours clearly doesn’t :)

Thanks

If it's near baseline units then I'll put the same size panel in the bottom to line up, If its on it's own or in a series of tall units like a bedroom, I'll use 5/8ths rule. so bottom is 3/8ths, top is 5/8ths. this is a natural measurement look it up, it occurs in flowers, humans, the georgians did all there windows to these proportians.

doctor Bob":3j9n7rry said:
Mrs C":3j9n7rry said:
This is lovely!

Thanks

If it's near baseline units then I'll put the same size panel in the bottom to line up, If its on it's own or in a series of tall units like a bedroom, I'll use 5/8ths rule. so bottom is 3/8ths, top is 5/8ths. this is a natural measurement look it up, it occurs in flowers, humans, the georgians did all there windows to these proportians.

The golden mean or golden ratio. Approx 1.62 : 1. The Georgians pinched it from the Greeks, 2000 years earlier.

As always a very nice job!

Two questions for you Bob.

I'm making some 1200 wide draws at the moment and putting them on 40 kg Grass dynapro runners.....anything I should be careful of?

Who do you use for knobs and fittings?.....I'm based in southern Spain which is not great for choice so always looking for quality UK suppliers....

Jonathan

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Jonathan S":2ziea6b4 said:
As always a very nice job!

Two questions for you Bob.

I'm making some 1200 wide draws at the moment and putting them on 40 kg Grass dynapro runners.....anything I should be careful of?

Who do you use for knobs and fittings?.....I'm based in southern Spain which is not great for choice so always looking for quality UK suppliers....

Jonathan

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

1200mm wide I'd put a stretcher underneath for supporting the base.
Knobs we use Crofts and assinger, Armac martin, Hafele.
Hinges are worchester Parsons or Simonsworks.
Fittings from Hafele but brands rather than their own stuff.

Are those heavy duty ones? I'd be tempted on a drawer that wide to use heavy duty, but it depends whats going in the drawer.

Back