GOT and other TV series

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure it has different writers/people in charge too. Weiss and Benioff are doing the next Star Wars film, hence them coping a load of flack for being more interested in that than season 8.

Harbo":33tvf0mi said:
I’ve read that they making a prequel which has started filming already.

Rod

Yep, they've been at it for a while down at the Titanic set. Apparently set 5,000 years before and called Bloodmoon (may change).
Think Jane Goldman is doing the writing.

With Arya sailing off to the edge of the world would've thought we'll see something of her again perhaps.

Noel wrote:
Other good binge viewing include:

The Wire
Homeland
Bosch
Engrages/Spiral (new series shortly)
Ozark
True Detective
B Bad
Better Call Saul
Fargo
Narcos
Etc...

Would add Chernobyl with the excellent Jared Harris (Richard's son) and Stellan Skarsgard to the list, superb series. Killing Eve back soon too.
Homeland was supposed to return for the final series next month, due to production/location problems no new series until late in the year.

I just binged on Lost, which I didn't watch when it was airing. Decent series.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

For the geeks from the 70's/80's

Halt and Catch Fire

Brilliant is an understatement.
The soundtrack alone is worth watching it for.

^Loved it, and yes, the music was tip-top.

Black Mirror, Bodyguard, Breaking Bad, Fargo, Homecoming, Island Medics (living with a nurse who works in the hospital adds a whole new dimension to the viewing experience!), Killing Eve, Preacher (not so sure about the last season though), Silicon Valley, The Good Wife, The Good Fight, Vikings and The Haunting have ticked all my boxes. Looking forward to the new Stranger Things due soon too.

Nelsun":19410dgr said:
^Loved it, and yes, the music was tip-top.

Black Mirror, Bodyguard, Breaking Bad, Fargo, Homecoming, Island Medics (living with a nurse who works in the hospital adds a whole new dimension to the viewing experience!), Killing Eve, Preacher (not so sure about the last season though), Silicon Valley, The Good Wife, The Good Fight, Vikings and The Haunting have ticked all my boxes. Looking forward to the new Stranger Things due soon too.

Was a big fan of The Good Wife.
I shall have to check out Preacher and Silicon Valley.

Noel":2vv2km5r said:
Noel wrote:

The Wire
Homeland
Bosch
Ozark
True Detective
B Bad
Better Call Saul
Fargo
Narcos
Etc...

Would add Chernobyl with the excellent Jared Harris (Richard's son) and Stellan Skarsgard to the list, superb series. Killing Eve back soon too.
Homeland was supposed to return for the final series next month, due to production/location problems no new series until late in the year.

I saw Chernobyl advertised earlier this year so was looking forward to it for a while. Its definitely lived up to my expectations. I'm glad they took the same approach as Fortitude, and just let the actors use their own accents. Speaking of accents/voices...Jared's and Richard's.. :shock:
I sound nothing like my dad. :| :mrgreen:

A few more things (apart from homeland) I'm looking forward to is the upcoming Witcher series (I'm a big fan of the games) and the second season of the german series 'Dark' (think I mentioned the first season in a previous reply).

Nelsun":3f1pimht said:

This is some excellent watching, especially the first 4 seasons. I haven't got around to watching the second half of the 5th season yet.

You could see that the budget in the first season was barebones but it was still excellent, the second season upped the ante and so did the third and fourth.

Trevanion":1bkhxise said:
Nelsun":1bkhxise said:

This is some excellent watching, especially the first 4 seasons. I haven't got around to watching the second half of the 5th season yet.

You could see that the budget in the first season was barebones but it was still excellent, the second season upped the ante and so did the third and fourth.

Keep watching. It keeps on going (bites tongue hard). There's a bit of a questionable side story but Ivar keeps it all in check. Still looking forward to the next season.

Just finished up watching Chernobyl. Very intense, captivating and sobering. A true modern masterpiece I think.

^^^Would agree, superb TV.

Just caught up with T Dectective 3, more like S1 (although enjoyed 2) , well worth watching.

And watched Ep 1 of The Capture, not bad although a little twee at times. PTSD or set up?

And lastly The Darkness (BBC4) didn't seem too bad, so far.

Waiting for season 4 of This is Us to start. Went through the first few seasons in a blink. Very very well written with to the point of not looking at my phone. High praise indeed. It doesn't follow normal "this just happened so that's going to make it right" plot lines.

Watched the first episode of the third and final season of Preacher. Like American Gods, the first season was great, the second was OK and pretty much no point after that.

Life in Pieces is currently a good one to stick on for lightsome entertaining viewing. Oddly gripping since it's four stories in 20 minutes.

Noel":3diph9rn said:

The Wire
Homeland
Bosch
Ozark
True Detective
B Bad
Better Call Saul
Fargo
Narcos
Etc...

I'll add to that,

Blacklist
You Are Wanted (2 seasons - in German but with English Subtitles)
The Night Manager
Deep State
The Hot Zone
Occupied (Norwegian but with English Subtitles)

Cheers

Dibs

Back