A week in the Windsor Workshop Final Episode

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great result! Who'd have thought there are still people out there making chairs using traditional methods? I had no idea! I'd like to make something similar, but if you think you were apprehensive whilst making it, its not as apprehensive as I feel about trying to do the same! I'm far more of a power tool guy so Travishers and Spokeshaves would be out and Routers with custom made jigs would be in if I ever felt the need to make such a lovely looking project. One thing I think you left out was how much did the course cost you?

Excellent post and beautiful craftsmanship, even if your not into furniture making its still very interesting to see how things are made.
Brian

As a bloke who likes to make ‘useful’ things, I was fairly chuffed with a couple of garden chairs and table I knocked out from skip rescue odds and sods. I now see the folly of my rustic ways; what a difference to the work a few days spent with a master craftsman can make. Beautiful chair granted, but the skills gained making it will now influence future work. There is real value in that course and I do covet that spoke shave. Well done and thanks for sharing.

I've also made a continues arm chair with James, a great week and he lays on a good lunch.

A lot of the chair we made was wedged and glued.
The braces between the legs were glued but no wedges as they weren’t through tenons.

Back