Harvey table saw refurbishment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be worth a look at putting a chute in, 30-45 degree fall really helps with extraction. Although I suppose many might be happy without.

Update

Unfortunately the wonderful weather over the bank holiday got my wife excited about getting on with the garden so my own time has been precious.

Have made some progress however.

Replaced front bearing on the motor due to a slight bit of play
Replaced both bearings on the arbor for good measure.

Looking good.
Dust shroud next then?

Looks great so far - keeping a close eye on this as I have a SIP 1332 ten inch one to refurbish also. I guess the refurb process will be very similar

How you getting on with the TS?

Really helpful thread this i have the same saw which i bought brand new from lyndhurst the deft T30 Gold Top.
It has had very little use and in my opinion is a excellent table saw will follow this thread closely.

OK, so It's been a year and a lot has happened.

Been working away and recovered from having a tumour removed from my colon :(

But anyway, after 8 weeks of convalescing I have finally had some time in the 'Shop'

The dust shroud is complete, just waiting for an emergency stop switch to finish the refurb and have the saw working again :)

rMmuJqx.jpg

TQqfgVV.jpg

wQ0ZApS.jpg

DExZ1MU.jpg

fTKHj0l.jpg

tsLFbZD.jpg

oMrQk5b.jpg

RqGP6wi.jpg

OGKjfzP.jpg

Baja, thats a really good job, hope you're pleased with the final result?
That Incra fence set up looks impressive. Is that American ?
Your sequence of pics make it all look easy :p
I'm just starting out on a similar project but everything is a first time experience for me - a table saw virgin.....

Great job.
Can I ask about the router top.
How is it attached, why did you decide to put it on the left rather than right, any other details that maybe useful as I’m about to embark on this.
Unfortunately can’t figure out how to mount something similar to that lovely under blade extract on my xcalibur.

Back