Union Graduate Motor Removal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all for loads of valuable advice - got the motor inverted and everything is working well. Only problem is a developing knock which I'm pretty sure is motor bearings. This of course is a pain, as I have to dismantle the lathe to get the motor out again and, hopefully, fix it, although at least I know how to do this now.
If anyone has advice about changing bearings on an ancient Newman 3 phase electric motor (probably the original for the Graduate lathe) I'd be very grateful as after all the work I've done I don't want to replace the motor. It's dated 1978, size: D80/EC1182BB, no R68631. I can't find anything online with this spec. Thanks a lot, Tim

Hi Tim,
Did you succeed in changing the bearings on your D80 motor? I have just bought a Union Graduate with the same motor and want to convert to single phase with variable speed control. I wondered if you had any helpful thoughts having completed the process?

Latest posts

Back