Spares for Craft Supplies combination chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heronviewer

Established Member
Reaction score
I want a couple of the accessories for a Craft Supplies combination chuck. I've just had a reply from the "Turner's Retreat" which I thought was the same firm, but obvoiously isn't, and they say they did not buy the chucks or the accessories from Craft Supplies when they took over.
Any ideas on where I could get these ? I do not want the complete standard chuck, just some extra accessories I didn't get when I purchased it.

Regards,
Robert.

Hi
can't help with suppliers but it was also marketed as a Robert Sorby Precision Combination Chuck, or PCC and possibly a Record version too. I believe that it hasn't been made for many years now so you are unlikely to find any stockists of new parts. Auction sites are probably your best bet.

Thank you. I didn't know it had been sold under another name ! Sounds unlikely that I would find the accessories now. I've seen comlete chucks up for sale but I doubt if anyone who had the chuck would sell the accessories only. Maybe I should just get a modern chuck instead, although it still works well. Any suggestions ? It would have to fit an Arundal lathe.

Robert.

Thanks.

What I want are the 3 way split ring 1½" CH 847 and a filler ring CH 849

Have you got these for sale ? I would not want the filler ring if I can't find the other.
Robert.

The item at the bottom is a three way split ring but unfortunately it looks like a larger size. I don't see a filler ring there.

Thanks anyway.

Robert.

Thanks for the manual link. I have the Craft Supplies one - interesting to see this one.

I have the 1¾" three way split ring and have measured it, putting the three parts into a tight circle with the larger diameters up. The centre hole measures one and five eights in diameter, so I expect the 1½" one would measure one and three eights

Robert.

I have a few bits for this chuck too, I'll try and have a look in the next day or so to see if I can help.

I don't have either of the bits you are looking for Robert, I have the small 3 way split ring and the 1 3/4" but no filler plate or 1 1/2" SR.

Thanks for looking anyway.

I think I shall just update my chuck by replacing it with a modern one. Been looking at the Patriot and the Super Nova 2, but can't see much difference between them.

Robert.

No probs.

Patriot has a small advantage in that you can use the jaws in any order, Nova Jaws are numbered. They are both interchangeable too, I have the Patriot chuck, but also a set of nova Jaws that fit just fine. (The long nosed Patriot Jaws are in fact numbered, but this is so that they form a thread inside when attached correctly helping to secure a hold, it doesn't matter though if they are put on out of sequence if that feature isn't required)

Thanks for that information. Not much difference in price, so a Patriot. being Sheffield manufactured, would be the better one to go for.

Ian
Are the spares in the picture for sale still?
I am trying to get hold of a 2" spigot /1 7/8" collet and also an adjustable collet which fits in the chuck.
Appreciate if you could let me know.
Simon

Hi Simon
I thought I had one but just measured and it's a 3" collect and centre boss - shame!

I am tryi g to get hold of the screw chuck bits for the combination chuck. Are the ones listed here still available?

Cheers

Back