Waterfall table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
table angle.jpg

table straight.jpg

table grain.jpg

Inspired by bm101 finishing the longest bench build on the history of the forum, I completed a project that I started a couple of years ago too!

A "waterfall" table in brown oak. Domino reinforced mitre with a glue block behind. The acrylic has slotted holes and fits into threaded inserts.

Finish is Rubio monocoat which I am very impressed with. I was planning on using osmo, but this cropped up on a few YouTube videos on slab tables and it looked good. It is a 1 or 2 pack finish, the second speeds up the curing time quite substantially. Nice matt finish and as the name suggests, it takes a single coat which claims to "react" with the wood fibres. Any excess is wiped off 3 mins later . Expensive but the labour saving probably justifies it to a pro and a little goes a long way. It is designed as a floor finish, so should be resilient, although I haven't tested it against red wine, juice etc. The only negative is the tins that it comes in (at least the small one that I used) is a pain to try and tip a little out. I ordered some syringes but they didn't arrive.

The black cover to the domino error is scorched and iron stained (if it is good enough for the Barnsley workshop), with a wipe of monocoat too. It is only fixed in the middle, and is rebated to allow for movement.

Attachments

• table angle.jpg
    table angle.jpg
    770.5 KB · Views: 700
  • table straight.jpg
    table straight.jpg
    543 KB · Views: 674
  • table grain.jpg
    table grain.jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 822
Back