It's all downhill from here...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a private members bill, unlikely to pass but it shows the mentality of those involved.

The 'snowflake' generation just don't think like us. Even my Granddaughter has some strange ideas. She's a wonderful girl, but quite often I try to talk about something with her, but she just looks mystified. On the plus side, she will listen when I explain. I put it down to not being taught properly, and given a wider knowledge base.

She wants to qualify in nursing, and join the Army. So I hope she tries for Sandhurst!

Still she's only twenty on Thursday!
John

On the serious side of the OP, there's a lot of legislation coming along; like hate speech.
If someone just takes offence at something you say, even if it's not to them, they can report a Hate Crime; the sort of thing we never dealt with until recently. We had to write it off as 'Civil Action'; informant advised accordingly.

West Yorks Police especially encourage reports of this nature. They must have nothing better to attend to. I feel like weeping sometimes.

John, I hope I can cheer you up a bit by pointing out that parliamentary progress of this bill has been even slower than the discussion in this thread... A look at this page

https://services.parliament.uk/Bills/20 ... orums.html

confirms that it's still waiting for its second reading in the Commons. Maybe they have all been distracted by some other business? :wink:

Benchwayze":114xl4dg said:
If someone just takes offence at something you say, even if it's not to them, they can report a Hate Crime; ....

Not sure who I detest most. TPA's(Third Party Apologists) - the ones you refer to above or Virtue-Signallers.

Reminds me of this Youtube clip

Back