Air-dried blanks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CHJ":1bda1ha8 said:
Chris152":1bda1ha8 said:
And I guess I can just change the bolts for longer ones if the bowl's a bit deeper than it'll hold at the moment.
Some lengths of threaded rod (studding) in the shop stock and some nuts and 'penny washers' are always useful to have to hand.

I have some but every time I want it can't find it buy more then find the others. How many times have I done that

We're lucky to still have an old-fashioned hardware store in town that'll sell you a single screw, nut, bolt and so on so I'm covered for bits and bobs like that.

As an update - I turned more bowls, some with hardly any acclimatisation at all (maybe a week in the house for a two-inch board, air-dried) at up to 19% mc. I re-turned the feet on them today to stop any rocking due to distortion (I'd not thought of that til you mentioned it, Chas), but the main thing is how little they distorted...
_MG_8381.jpg

and a strange thing (well, strange to me) that after initial movement over the first couple of days back in the house, the distortion at the rim seemed to correct itself a little. Maybe I'm making it up, but it seemed that way to me.

Attachments

• _MG_8381.jpg
    _MG_8381.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 219
Back