Nova DVR 3000 cutting out

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s good news! When do you want me round for the reassemble?

Pete

Hi Pete
I meant to email you but I have been so, so busy.
The guys at Greasley originally thought it was a bad contact on the power supply.
They sent it back, but it wasn’t fixed however they had given a guarantee. It occurred to me that the best course of action was to take the lathe head to them so they could ensure it worked (or not) before returning it.
It transpired that a microprocessor was overheating and they diagnosed it by spraying it with some coolant whilst it was running.
A replacement meant that everything was good. They even reassembled all the circuitry.
That meant of course that I could test it out straight away. It works a treat.
I wouldn’t be here without the help you gave me Pete, I feel guilty for not emailing you straight away but I got carried away gouging out bits of wood at the weekend and then distracted by heavy work commitments this week.
There were many anxious moments.
I have now put the old lathe and lots of the extras on EBay so hopefully I’ll get something towards the upgrade.
By the way, the seller paid for the repairs in full.
Cheers
Nick

Very useful having the link for the PCB repairers. I hadn't thought of that. Mine is a Nova Comet II with a blown PCB so I may see what the repair shop quote for that. Hopefully it will be cheaper than the replacement board (although it is remarkably similar to an Axminster board?)

Sorry I am rambling about a different lathe. Just wanted to say thanks for the idea for the PCB repairs and link .

Latest posts

Back