Yes.. ANOTHER workshop build thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davenport

Reaction score
Hello there UKworkshop forum...

This is still very much in the early planning stages but having moved to a bungalow with a sizeable garden I FINALLY have an opportunity to have my own shop/retreat/man cave rather than using the workshop at my folks place...

Initial plans are vague to say the least but I'm thinking a 6m x 5m footprint..

After a number of years my project car has been built and now I just need a clean, well lit, dry space to polish/tinker/look at it rather than the fabrication and metalwork stuff I've been thru (that said.. the TIG welder and myford lathe will be coming to this new shop)...

From a quick look on here I gather under 30m2 and below 2.5m WONT require planning permission.. but with it being near a boundary WILL require building regs?? Hmmmm more research needed!!

A HUGE thankyou must go the that Mike character for his 'guide' thread on here as that's cleared a few things up regarding damp course placement and air gaps..

So yeah... hello.. any pointers or similar builds you know of, feel free to direct me to them... and as I get more of an idea about what I want/need I'll update it on here....

Cheers
Stu

Back