Chuck info

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robbo3":18dffr3l said:
Unfortunately the Versachuck has been out of stock for at least 18 months.
- https://www.toolpost.co.uk/pages/Chucks ... chuck.html
That puts the block on that solution any time soon then, 18 months looks more than a basic supply chain hiccup, shame as it was the only ISO compatible wood chuck solution that 'was' readily available after Axminster ditched their super precision version.

That’s a bit of a bummer with the versachuck problem.....
All is not lost though as it seems that Bison make a heap of different carriers and jaws!
Seems a little more research is called for before I chuck the chuck on the bay.....
Cheers for all the info, it’s much appreciated.

That chuck is a Toolmex Bison chuck, which was sold up until a few years back by Axminster as the "Super Precision" woodturning chuck. All the current Axminster jaws and carriers should fit it. I have several of those chucks with the same part number on them. They come up on Ebay now and again for around £80-£120. The jaws in it look like half of the Axminster int/ext jaws set.

If I were you, I would keep it!

When I started turning I bought an Axminster Trade wood lathe and their 114mm chuck and a few jaws. However for much of my output I use a small Record 80mm scroll chuck with an adaper for the M33 lathe spindle bought from D&M Tools. An excellent piece of kit.

Back