Door/Drawers stops for inset kitchen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakfield

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what solutions other people use as stops for inset doors and drawers.
For doors i sometimes use some wedge shaped glazing bead all the way down the cabinet for the door to close against - this blends in quite well with the Birch Ply cabinets and looks quite tidy.
I have also used blocks or rubber stops but don't think these look as nice and i have also seen people use a stop hanging down from behind the top of the face frame, but this leaves the bottom without a positive stop and i think it may twist the door over time.

For drawers I sometimes put a stop behind the face frame dividing the drawers but sometimes the drawer units don't have these so I put small sections of the glazing bead on the cabinet sides, but these need fitting between the runners.
I have considered making the cabinets slightly smaller than the faceframe so the front of the cabinet creates a stop.

Anyone got any other suggestions or obvious ideas I'm missing.

Thanks

EDIT - Should of mentioned, I normally use Blum hinges and Tandem runners with dovetail drawers.

Back