‘Our MDF furniture brought toxic fumes into our home’

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
£18k for two small built in wardrobes either side of a chimney breast? Made out of MDF? That’s a staggering amount of money in my opinion.

Setch":3siycsax said:
Interesting. I used cetirazine as I found it more effective, but that was limiting myself to the recommended dosage.

I have accidentally overdosed on cetirazine, and the consequences were like a really bad hangover, not keen to repeat that!

I researched the dosing for different anti-his as I try to avoid taking them when I can and only using when necessary. If I know I am going to visit a friend with cats for instance I will need a decent dose to get me through it. I don't get any side effects from a higher dose of Loratadine and when I was doing my research I found dosing guidelines that stated subjects were given 16x the daily dose (so 1600mg) for 13 weeks and had no significant side effects. Made me feel a lot happier about having to take 3 or 4 tablets a day every once in while.

Rorschach":2vbphmoe said:
Setch":2vbphmoe said:
Interesting. I used cetirazine as I found it more effective, but that was limiting myself to the recommended dosage.

I have accidentally overdosed on cetirazine, and the consequences were like a really bad hangover, not keen to repeat that!

I researched the dosing for different anti-his as I try to avoid taking them when I can and only using when necessary. If I know I am going to visit a friend with cats for instance I will need a decent dose to get me through it. I don't get any side effects from a higher dose of Loratadine and when I was doing my research I found dosing guidelines that stated subjects were given 16x the daily dose (so 1600mg) for 13 weeks and had no significant side effects. Made me feel a lot happier about having to take 3 or 4 tablets a day every once in while.

I tried Loratadine at first and after a few weeks it was not longer effective.

I am aware I am close to an overdose level, this was why I put it was under instruction of a professional and not me trying to see what worked.

Even then I don't take 4 at the same time but spread them through the day, and also only take them when I need to.

I have just had to close my business, and I am now looking at a change in career because of the reaction I get.

sammy.se":yms4jm1v said:
Rorschach":yms4jm1v said:
acewoodturner":yms4jm1v said:
If I had £18K to blow on bedroom furniture I would want it made from real wood and not that reconstituted stuff!

Good luck filling a bedroom then :lol:
Wait, are you saying that you can't get bedroom furniture made from hardwood, for £18k?? I find that hard to believe.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Can't tell "if serious", but...

But, would you want that? In this application MDF is appropriate because it doesn't expand and contract like real wood does, and if you have lots of components that are tightly fitted to walls, having real wood expand and contract within a constricted space is a recipe for customer call backs for cracking and splitting. Even high end stuff will be using veneered plywood (or some other movement restricted substrate).

I did some office cabinets a while back and the only solid wood I used were in the face frames and door rails.

The money isn't all in the materials either, most of it is in the design, labour and finishing + other overheads.

I was being serious. I feel like £18K is a lot for bedroom furniture.
But that is just my perspective is as a hobbyist woodworker and DIY'er...
I'm not knocking anyone, and I'm 100% sure that the good folk on this forum would be delivering excellent professional quality for that kind of money.

Maybe just did not like the first installation, the second is different in style,so maybe a little compo for the pain and suffering,or maybe i'am just a cynical old codger :roll:

Back