Recommend me some filler!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrtree

Established Member
Reaction score
Not too bad for a first attempt but could do with a bit of tidying up I think.
Could you recommend a filler, doesn't have to match the colour perfectly! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (hammer) (hammer)

skirting mess.png

Attachments

• skirting mess.png
    skirting mess.png
    426.5 KB · Views: 261
One old trick you might try is 'sharp sand and old paint' mixed in a firkin.
"Who made this Firkin" filler they used to shout...

Haha - Whenever I make a balls up on skirting board mitre joints and can't be pineappled to re-do it, I just stick a big plant pot in front of it and my missus is normally none the wiser.

Our house does now look a bit like the botanical gardens around the room edges, but hey-ho :D

lurker":2ta5ljw8 said:
I don't mean to be critical, but there is one bit that needs a tiny adjustment.

Typical, I know the bit you're talking about. I knew someone wouldn't be able to resist a bit of criticism. Of course I'm going to put it right before the client sees it, although I doubt an untrained eye would pick it out.
These people have paid very good money for top craftsmanship, I don't do "shoddy" :mrgreen: (hammer)

I really dont see the issue
that will be fine with some sanding sealer to raise the grain and a quick swipe with 000 wire wool

Steve

mrtree":3619vowp said:
Not too bad for a first attempt but could do with a bit of tidying up I think.
Could you recommend a filler, doesn't have to match the colour perfectly! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (hammer) (hammer)

Just went a tad deep with those kerfs there. Next time, put the chainsaw away and try a handsaw. :lol:

Latest posts

Back