...cutting Polycarbonate Corrugated Roofing Sheet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastminute

Established Member
Reaction score
...need to cut an opening in my carport roofing to allow boiler vent kit through.

...looks awkward!
any ideas?

Thanks
Gerry

Angle grinder with thin metal cutting disc works well cutting that stuff but no idea how you will seal it if it needs to we watertight.

phil.p":3m1bcy6g said:
^^^^^^ + silicone.
Yes but I was thinking about the pool that would form in the corrugation behind the flue. Might not be an issue I guess.

Can cut it with any fine tooth woodworking tools, even a Stanley knife if very careful. Polycarbonate is much less shatter resistant than the cheap PVC corrugated sheet.

Best way if square or rectangle is to drill a hole at each corner to relieve stress while your cutting and can later trim that square if required

If there'e any heat going through the vent you'll need to be sure it as double wall construction with the outer being a cool surface otherwise it could distort the poly. You'll also need an expansion gap around the vent as poly moves quite a lot, I'd use silicone but ad a flashing over, lead is as good as anything if not hot.

Beau":drrahff2 said:
phil.p":drrahff2 said:
^^^^^^ + silicone.
Yes but I was thinking about the pool that would form in the corrugation behind the flue. Might not be an issue I guess.
Would be an issue as it would have nowhere to drain off unless you could fabricate a small bore pipe into it and lead that away under the carport, shouldn't be difficult using plumbing 20mm overflow pipe and fittings

Latest posts

Back