Marples mitre trimmer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolsntat

Yep, I collect tools and tat
Reaction score
There is no cutting blade with it but I`m sure someone will have the aptitude to take it on board and end up with a nice little trimmer :wink:
marples-mitre-trimmer-project-t115924.html
Thanks
Andy

sale08028.jpg

Hello mate. I'm tempted, but the shed's bursting at the seams as it is. Have you had a look round Saddington car boot? I've seen no end of stuff down there that you'd be interested in (given your stated interests!). You might find a cutter for it.
Good luck mate.
Selling anything else?

Adam.

Is it just me or are there other nuts who look at that device and thing "now what can I adapt that to do?"

If it's only me I'll get my coat!!

:wink:

Jim

RILEY":3d8j0emm said:
Hello mate. I'm tempted, but the shed's bursting at the seams as it is. Have you had a look round Saddington car boot? I've seen no end of stuff down there that you'd be interested in (given your stated interests!). You might find a cutter for it.
Good luck mate.
Selling anything else?

Adam.

Mmmm Adam after many years of being within the first 20 in the queue up there, have finally managed to kick the habit (yea right :roll: )...
Are / were you a regular? been 3 years at least since I`ve been round :cry: :cry:
Other bits ?Ask n see if I have it spare :wink: :wink:
Andy

Benchwayze":38d3g39a said:
I'm wondering how the blade is retained, so it travels across at right angles. There must be some sort of track?

John :)

Hi John, afraid its nowt as technical as that...
Double edged blade (sharpened on the skew) with a captive vertical slot which engages on a corresponding lug on the lever arm :wink:

Andy

Andy, I get up there when I can, but with a young child, we don't get there til late these days. Got some good stuff there over the years.
Last year I picked up a Makita extractor (a little box affair with 2 1/2" pipe) for a pound! And boy does that thing suck. It kicks the dung out of any other extractor I've come across.
Maybe I'll see you there when it starts up again?

Adam.

Getting to like my lie in a bit too much these days but have found well previously :wink: :wink:
WARNING
GLOAT
Stanley USA 55/45/78 and 386 all in great condition found together and a snip at £120 8) 8) 8)

Andy

Hmmm...

Looks like it will have been a double edged blade, which attaches to the handle. Either that or the blade carrier and guides are missing. My 'Britool' trimmer has two blades and is about 18 inches wide. Bought it in 1966 for the princely sum of £8 15 shillings and nine-pence (£8.85 app) :D
I bought two spare blades for it from a firm in Leicester (Modern Machinery Ltd.?) I sharpen at home on a whetstone wheel, using a plane blade sharpening jig.

My trimmer is a piece of kit which overall 'revolutionised' my woodworking at the time. I use it mostly for making picture frames, and trimming the ends of fine drawer stock.

Hope you get it working again.

John :D

PS I see my question was answered. I blame age for my omission and three hospital visits for suspected 'mini-strokes' (TIA's) Really ruined our Christmas... But not to worry, I am 80 next week and there's always next year. I'll see if I can photograph my trimmer.
John :D

Back