Inset hinged ???!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wattsjoinerybarn

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, brand new to the forum so apologies if this has been covered recently but couldn’t see it.

I have a small workshop and have done quite a few cabinets to date but am finally doing my first kitchen! It’s an in frame kitchen with a 37mm frame the carcass is 19mm and sits flush with the outside of the frame. Basically I want to use some sort of clip on cabinet hinge but to get the door to be centred in the frame I need to pack it off the carcass by 18mm and then use an inset hinge. My question is where do I get 18mm spacing mounting plates from at a decent price and brand selection or is there such a thing as cranked inset hinge that will do it one. It is frustrating as I have done this before a long time ago before I got my shop and found the spacing plates on eBay I think. Anyway any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance Matt

thomashenry":q2j547rb said:
Butt hinges every time in this scenario.

Thanks for the quick reply but soft close plus the ease of adjustment are my reasons for avoiding Butt hinges.
I can get a 18mm spacing plate for Blum but no other brands and tbh even the Blum ones are hard to source in bulk.

Wattsjoinerybarn":1kplkb0i said:
thomashenry":1kplkb0i said:
Butt hinges every time in this scenario.

Thanks for the quick reply but soft close plus the ease of adjustment are my reasons for avoiding Butt hinges.
I can get a 18mm spacing plate for Blum but no other brands and tbh even the Blum ones are hard to source in bulk.

Ok, so I can’t talk you out of Euro hinges...

Perhaps I don’t understand the question, don’t you just need to attach some 18mm packers to the side of the cabinet, behind the face frame??

Back