Chain Saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyvitz

Reaction score
Hi. I am new to the forum. with a bit of a problem so hope to get some help here. This Black & Decker chain saw. Model Number GK1935 35CM Blade. 1900W. It's an old model and no longer manufactured. Can any one tell me how to get the black round handle off. As i need to adjust the slack off the chain.
Tried all the usual 'net searches but no further forward. And don't want to use too much force and break it, Thanks in advance.

Bill.
https://ibb.co/qMK1Zj1

chain-saw-round-handle.jpg

Looks like its a locking nut and you unlock to tighten the chain with the screwdriver and then lock up again

Yeah I think you turn it to unlock (rather than remove) and then the screwdriver will fit into a slot between that cover and the chain bar (or possibly behind the bar). The chain tension screw will be parallel to the chain bar.

Hi. OK chain saw sorted now. Took it to our local Yapi Market, (A bit like the old corner hardware shops) he had an improvised tool a bit like the one for changing discs on a grinder. took a bit of shifting but got it off, so will give a good clean now, and try it out. many thanks. Bill.

Back