You can stick your Katsu Router...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting video, thanks for posting.

Also interesting that all the tools used to make this router holder seem to be shop made too - drill press, band saw, belt sander, lathe. Another Matthias Wandel perhaps, but this time (from the name) from Turkey I guess?

Edit for P.S. Interesting that he uses only one spring on one of the pillars. Why not a spring on each pillar I wonder?

Yes indeed, as you say, just buy.

But guessing purely from the number of shop made tools in the video, the guy is probably working on a very restricted budget - not that I think either the router or it's plunge base are very expensive, but that of course is a relative term and may look VERY different if the budget is indeed restricted.

I just think it's interesting to see what some people can do with just a few bits of ply, very little hardware, and (no doubt) quite a lot of time. From the look of it, that plunge base is a pretty tidy "engineering" job.

seems like all these shopmade tools are powered by drills not independent motors - impressive manipulation of a tight budget

Yep! there's a lesson in there. Don't let the lack of tools, especially a lack of the ''best'' tools, stop you from enjoying getting stuck in and making something, and if you do need a particular tool to make something specific have a bash at making one of them too, twice the satisfaction.

I lost a few hours after stumbling on this lads channel, hence the unearthly time I posted the link. It's one thing to know what button to press after reading the manual, but quite another thing to design it, build it, and write the manual yourself. Clever lad =D> =D> =D>

He's quality this lad, seen him build an oscillating bobbin sander too. (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)

I have a router attachment for a dremel that's absolute garbage, the spring is too strong for the locking mechanism so it always slides up, I might copy his ingenious locking mechanism with the bent screw. Top man!

Back