What sandpaper

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, looking to restock on sandpaper, typically like rolls of 120, 240 and 360. Any advice of make and supplier.

What are you using it for, flat work or turning?

If for flat work, I would go with the mirka hand sanding block, with dust extraction and the paper that goes with it.

+1 for Mirka - Abranet or autonet for the orbital and the rectancular sheets for the hand sander block. Their block comes with an extraction hose and works very well once connected to the vac

+ another 1 here for the Mirka hand sanding block with vac connection, + their abrasive sheets in various grades - all for flat work. Quite pricey but worth it, and here anyway, you have to search a bit to find the finer (above 180 grit) variants - here anyway.

And if you want discs for a ROS, their abrasive is excellent too, but in my experience you MUST use the foam "inbetween" pad, otherwise the edges of the disc get ripped off long before the abrasive is worn away.

Sait do good sandpaper. Wasn't too keen or their belts though, they seemed a bit bumpy on the joins. Mirka jepuflex is probably my most used and readily available.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back