So whats wrong in this picture?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau

Established Member
Reaction score
Only a bit of fun but had this add pop up on Facebook saying "Handymen urgently wanted"

Not sure I would employ this chap. So how many potential safety issues can we spot?

Attachments

• 33815285_6125360305864_1615823471927885824_n.png.jpg
    33815285_6125360305864_1615823471927885824_n.png.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 559
There are no HSE faults in that photo. Anyone is allowed to hold a tool in their hand for a photo, no matter the state of the tool. The point at which he would be committing a sin is when he switches it on, if he is using it in the course of employment.

He could just have picked it up and be laughing like "look at this piece of Carp" which I regularly do at boot fair tool displays (or words to that effect). :shock:

Just made me laugh seeing this used as an add for tradesman. Grinder with no guard, broken handle, synthetic gloves that have melt holes in them plus no visible glasses etc.

Would you want this chap working on your home? I am no health and safety nazi but there are limits

His apron cord looks twisted, he hasn't had a shave and his T shirt is not a designer brand, filthy peasant ................. gerroff my land

The guy is saying:

'Subscribe to my youtube channel, see my vlog of how to get the closest shave ever'

..........or your money back

I dont have the picture anymore, but one of the workshop manuals for a machine I used to install had a picture of an "engineer", testing a 13 amp plug fuse for continuity with test meter probes. Small problem, it was resting on a steel table. #-o (hammer) (hammer)

I don't think that's his arm. Which makes the health and safety issues redundant!

Back