Kity K5 combi machine (manual)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
322":1li3uhn9 said:
Hi folks, I have the original manual for the K5 but, missing the planer set up section. I am quite willing to share copies of anyone can provide me with the missing section. By the way all the pages are bilingual but, I have made up the manual into English only. Anyone can help?
Are you sure that's for the K5? The manual is in a single booklet format so the planer instructions wouldn't be separate.
I can send you the manual as a pdf so will pm you with my email address.

Hi folks, Yes, definitely a K5, just looked at the trilingual instructions again. No mention of planer set up at all . Can anyone help. Tried Bob Lind but no answer to my email, big worship in the sky?

322":2x79opxw said:
Hi folks, Yes, definitely a K5, just looked at the trilingual instructions again. No mention of planer set up at all . Can anyone help. Tried Bob Lind but no answer to my email, big worship in the sky?
Didn't get an email as far as I can see so will pm you again with the address in case there was a typo

Bob

Hi Bob,
You'll have to forgive an old codger, not at all used to forums, just wander around in my own little world, dabbling in Wood carving golf and other stuff. Given the K5 last month from a chap in the Orkneys, took 3 days by road to Gosport. But, now has a new home and I've mounted it on a heavy base with lockable castor wheels. The manual is complete except for the planer set up. Don't want to use it until completely safe to do so. (aircraft engineering background) regards Sam

No probs Sam, you sound just like me, wood carving. golf, fly fishing, in fact anything to keep me out from under the wifes' feet. :wink:
I've sent you a pm with my email address.

Hi Sam
I notice you've read my pm but haven't emailed me with your email address, is there a problem with mine?
If easier you can pm me with your address instead and I'll send the file.
If you don't know how to pm it's easy, just click on my avatar pic then on "view full profile" and then at bottom right of the box which says "personal information" there are 2 links one is send email and the other send pm so click of one of those and you're there.

I can't send the file to you via one of those links as it's too large

cheers
Bob

Hi My Dad has just bought a kity compact k5 we think but it came without instructions, could anyone email me one I would be most grateful and can print it out for him

322":2g9qnrwz said:
Hi Bob, I sent another email to you but, it's obviously wandering around in the ether!!! my email address is [email protected]

I can't remember if I sent it to you or not, still get quite a lot of requests, will send it tonight just in case.
Bob

Black beard":2x78c85a said:
Hi My Dad has just bought a kity compact k5 we think but it came without instructions, could anyone email me one I would be most grateful and can print it out for him
I'll send you a pm with my email address and if you end me an email I'll respond with the file. If you have a photo of the machine I might be able to help further.

regards
Bob

Surely you could just publish the manual in its entirety somewhere to save you all this effort Bob, I doubt Kity will be chasing after you for publishing their ancient K5 manual anytime soon :lol:

Trevanion":2m46umhh said:
Surely you could just publish the manual in its entirety somewhere to save you all this effort Bob, I doubt Kity will be chasing after you for publishing their ancient K5 manual anytime soon :lol:
I had considered that several times but I really don't mind and a number of them have sent me photos and asked specific questions to which I've offered advice and opinion. Much of that would be of little interest to most other forum members.

As a bonus there are several who I still correspond with occasional and have become friendly with and a couple of those will definitely have a meet up at some stage.
So a bit more than just supplying a manual and as I've sent out several hundred it will be out there from other sources for anyone who looks hard enough.

What impresses me is just how many of these simple little machines are still going strong 30 or 40 years down the line and are all over the world!

Good morning all...My first ask....I have just bought this said machine. It has it all except the Manual.
a riving knife.
and the chuck key for the slot morticer..the chuck has these marks on it.
0 = 10
LFA
0 - 3/8
and teeth on the chuck are 26
any help would be gratefully received...

Robbiechatts":1fwfsr9y said:
Good morning all...My first ask....I have just bought this said machine. It has it all except the Manual.
a riving knife.
and the chuck key for the slot morticer..the chuck has these marks on it.
0 = 10
LFA
0 - 3/8
and teeth on the chuck are 26
any help would be gratefully received...
Hi Robbie
I'll send you a pm with my email address so if you email me I can reply enclosing a pdf with the manual and some other bits of info.

As far as the chuck is concerned it's pretty standard as far as I know but one of your choices would be to get one of the universal 4 sided types which are only a couple of quid so not much to lose if it doesn't work. I'll look at my chuck key this afternoon to see if it's stamped though.
Remember if using the slot morticer that it requires L/H cutters so hopefully you have a set with the machine.

You won't be able to buy a riving knife but easy enough to make, there is advice on the forum if you do a search.

Which machine do you have? The early version has splayed table legs, Mk2 has a straight frame followed by the Bestcombi and there are differences in spindle size between the models.

Attachments

• Old K5 leaflet 1.jpg
    Old K5 leaflet 1.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 45
  • k5.png
    k5.png
    316.3 KB · Views: 45
Hi
and thank you for your welcome. I would love the manual, but this site won't let me send because I am a newbie.
I think mine is a mark 2...green with red..straight legs...saw, planner thicknesser, spindle moulder and slot morticer.
There is another thing that I am not sure of and that is the belt from the motor to the S/M ...do you use the same belt or do I have to get another because of the twist, and where do you get these parts from?
Robbie

In truth if your individual machines are green and red I doubt if it is a K5.
Do all the individual machines have a red label on them with a model number?

Hi Robbie

Powertools is right it's not a K5 but will be an early Bestcombi. The model was an update which followed mine, ( one of the last before the Bestcombi ) and the only difference as far as I remember apart from different colour was that they changed the spindle moulder from 20mm to 30mm shaft.

I've emailed you the K5 info but have a Bestcombi leaflet which I'll send as well.

Attachments

• bestcombi leaflet front.jpg
    bestcombi leaflet front.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 33
I think that it is a shame that a lot of people who need some advice about old Kity machines do an internet search and come across this site sign up ask a question and never return.
If everyone with old Kity machines added content this could become a massive resource of information for all owners.

Back