Jet or iTech?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F Flinstone

Established Member
Reaction score
Whats your thoughts between the two? Looking at --

iTech Planer/ thicknesser spiral block, Tilting spindle moulder sliding table, and Cyclone extractor.

Jet Band saw, piller drill, 250mm table saw, morticer, and drum sander.

Some of these are available from each other, I have taken on board the answers given earlier, so thinking of these alternatives Startrite band saw, table saw and Sedgwick morticer.
Here in France about 15Kms away there is a "Jet" dealer if I went all "Jet" no delivery costs, no problem with warranty etc, the other machines will be sourced from the Uk so far the best seems to be S&S. Thanks Ff

I don't have experience of ITECH equipment but I have not heard anything bad about them. I have many Jet machines and a 502e Startrite bandsaw. I have to say they are very good machines and support is good even though they are getting on in age. The Startrite is exceptional and robust machine that I feel is better than the equivalant Jet. I must say that the older Jet items are a slightly better engineering standard than the new models. Having said that they are still really good. Hope this helps

I dont see any down sides to going JET locally.
No delivery costs?
Same day replacement if the thing is sub standard?
3 year warranty on all parts?
And you want to ship second hand stuff from another country? (hammer) (hammer)

Thanks will see what prices I can get for delivery for the stuff from the Uk, sunnybob all new not secondhand. Ff

If you are going to import new from the UK, then the cheapest shipping by far is from axminster. All my bigger machinery has been delivered by them. When I bought my bandsaw i was going to buy Record. One company point blank refused to ship to me. Another quoted the same price as the machines cost for shipping. Axminster charged me something like 90 quid.

Now to be honest, they use TNT, who are the most incompetent shippers I have ever had experience of, but it does eventually turn up and I havent had anything broken in transit..

What did you order from axminster?
I considering a planer thicknesser from them.
Axminster Trade AT260SPT/AT107PT Spiral Planer Thicknesser
I'd rather the 310 model but the shipping weight my kill me.

Axminster do free shipping in europe, up to 100kg weight.
Of course, even though Cyprus has been in the EU since 2004, I am excluded from that deal. I could have saved anough to buy something quite large by now. :roll: :roll:
I've bought a 350 bandsaw, a jet thicknesser, a bench drill press, and now a new extractor this week.

They beat all other shipping costs without doubt. being in France ,TNT might actually get stuff to you on the due delivery date,

Back