Scheppach HMS 2600 Ci Planer Thicknesser Motor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weekend_woodworker

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a Scheppach HMS 2600 Ci Planer thicknesses a couple of years ago and it has been great. A couple of weekends it stopped working by blowing fuses which it has never done before. With the drive belt disconnected the motor runs, but with the drive belt connected, the motor turns for a fraction of a second before the fuse blows.

I have checked the mechanism all runs smoothly. I have replace the capacitor on the motor and that has not changed things. I therefore think I need a new motor, unless there is anything else I could try. Does anyone know where I could get hold of a replacement motor? I have searched the internet and not found anything. I emailed Scheppach and heard nothing back.

Many thanks

Mark

Are you running it from a 13amp plug or a 16amp plug? It may be someone in the past had wired it into a regular 3-pin 13amp plug for ease of use which works on a fresh machine but they can tend to stop working from a 13amp as the machine gets older and requires more current to get everything moving and will require a 16amp supply.

Hi,

I have been running it off a 13amp plug for the last couple of years and it has been fine, which is why I thought that motor was failing.

Thanks

Mark

Latest posts

Back