Claymore (Brian)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTeroo

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just seen that Brian has recently deleted most of his historical posts and removed the function to pm or email him through the board.

Does anyone know the reason behind this?

If you are reading this Brian I really hope you are ok. I miss your contributions.

Maybe someone who knows Brian's email address could drop him a line and let us know that he is ok?

Or, even better, if you could just let us know here Brian?

As I said in a post to Aramco (John) the other day, I do know that Claymore's wife died suddenly late last year/early this. That of course "knocked him back" more than a bit! I was in touch with him by PM shortly afterwards but not since - neither have I seen him here since. Aramco (John) told me that he's deleted a lot of his previous pix, etc, which was news to me.

More than that I don't know, sorry, but like you, I miss his excellent posts here, mostly about Intarsia.

Agree 100% with the OP - if you're reading this Claymore (Brian), everyone hopes you're OK and we look forward to seeing you here again.

All the best

TO: Mr. Teroo and aramco + anyone else interested.

Following recent posts about member "Claymore" (Brian), including the above post plus a separate thread on the Scroll Saw section by aramco, I have just been in contact with Brian by E-mail. "Short and sweet", all is unfortunately not very well with him right now:

1. On 21st January next year it will be exactly 1 year since his wife Ruth died unexpectedly. She was taken to hospital with what was assumed to be flu, and 7 hours later she was dead. Not surprisingly this has caused Brian a lot of upset and on-going natural depression, especially since he lived alone with just Ruth and their little dog.

2. Recently he himself has been diagnosed with some form of cancer and is now receiving radio therapy. He'll have to wait until early next year to know whether or not this has worked successfully.

3. As I said in a reply to a post by aramco, I did not think that Claymore sold his work via the Internet, especially the Intarsia birds and other wild life he's posted here in the past. That turns out to be only partly true - he does/did have an arrangement with his local wildlife visitor centre where his designs, made exclusively for them, are/were sold through that centre. But in addition both he and Ruth sold other wild life stuff via, I think, their own internet etsy shop. Like the local wildlife centre designs, these items were also exclusive to themselves and were sold accordingly. But from somewhere or other someone else has picked up at least some of these designs and Brian has now had to pay a substantial sum of compensation to at least one customer as his designs are now being copied - and "down-priced" as well of course!

As a result of all that he has removed all his work and pictures from UKW (and all other internet sites he frequented), which is why searches here do not now show any results for work by Claymore.

I do appreciate that the above, especially item 3, raise a number of questions. But apart from replying to Brian and making this post here, as he asked me to, I have not felt it at all reasonable to be asking him for more details at this stage. I'm sure he has, to say the least, "other priorities" right now.

Brian has asked me to inform those UKW members who have noticed his absence to pass on his thanks for their interest and he's assured me that he will be back on UKW later on, when he feels up to it. In the meantime he is working on other new designs which he will take care to keep under his direct control in future.

I hope that info fills a gap and am sure that others here join me in wishing Brian a speedy recovery and a satisfactory return to a "new" scrolling life.

AES

Many thanks for following up on that.

Brian, my heart goes out to you. You've been through a hell of a lot this year.

I don't know you but I often wonder how you are.

I'm sure I am not the only one who misses your posts on here.

Stay strong and don't let the you know whats get you down!

Take good care of yourself Brian and let it take the time it takes to sort out your life...... all while we wait patiently for some good news from you!

Your posts bring happiness to a lot of people Brian. Hope you're well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

thanks AES for clearing that up about Brian, I hope he gets well soon and the results come back negative, I am aware that this is not the place to do this but under the circumstances I hope this will be allowed through, will you all join me and send Brian a lot of healing and upliftment and hope to hear from him soon.

take care
John

So sorry to hear this update on Brian.
I didn’t know Brian personally but found his post on here very helpful in helping me starting this hobby. It was always a pleasure to see his work.

I was saddened last year to read about the loss of his wife and the circumstances in how she died.

I wish him all the best and hope he gets well.
Andy

OK Gents,

What I suggest is to wait until, say, the end of today, then copy all the above posts wishing him well, put them into a .pdf and sent them as an E-mail attach file to Brian. OK?

P.S: Thanks for all the thanks for my post BTW.

Yup. Good idea. Thank you for maintaining contact with Brian. Please tell him he's got buddies here. He has only to PM for an email address or mobile number.
Sam.

Just to confirm that as above, I've made a "digest" of all the above (it took me longer to strip out all the formatting before converting to Word then .pdf than I expected) and I've now sent it off to Brian.

missed the deadline. what I get for being away.

hope his results come back good. look forward to hearing from you again in the future chief.

Back