Ripsnorter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizard

Established Member
Reaction score
A Black & Decker ripsnorter bought from Bob’s tools at Launceston, paid well over the top £30.00 not working but for Bob that was cheap, never seen so many overpriced old tools in one place. Will worth a look. My mate bought a nice hand brace for £60.00 and an adze for £40.00 :shock:

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 2,762
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 2,761
Not sure which came first, the Skilsaw or the Ripsnorter, but up here in Northeast Scotland, the older guys usually refer to any big handheld electric circular saw as a Ripsnorter. Skilsaw seems more common as the generic term in the south.
Possibly also the Ripsnorter originated across the Pond, and the Skilsaw in Europe?

dickm":rwhogt7v said:
Not sure which came first, the Skilsaw or the Ripsnorter, but up here in Northeast Scotland, the older guys usually refer to any big handheld electric circular saw as a Ripsnorter. Skilsaw seems more common as the generic term in the south.
Possibly also the Ripsnorter originated across the Pond, and the Skilsaw in Europe?
I think both came from the USA.

wizard":35kkakdk said:
A Black & Decker ripsnorter bought from Bob’s tools at Launceston, paid well over the top £30.00 not working but for Bob that was cheap, never seen so many overpriced old tools in one place. Will worth a look. My mate bought a nice hand brace for £60.00 and an adze for £40.00 :shock:

Say, Wizard, I know it's been years since you posted, but I've just picked up one of these B&D Ripsnorters for cheap, and it needs a bit of love - erm, and new carbon brushes, which are missing. I don't suppose you replaced the brushes in your in tidying up the electrics and remember what size it takes?

Latest posts

Back