DW625E Router Collets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pink Freud

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got one of these of ebay to get into making some picture frame mouldings and i thought it would have a 1/2" collet. When i measured though, the internal diameter is only 6mm and change, which is about 0.25" ...so this would be 1/4" and not 1/2" as i was expecting. So my question is ...can i get a 1/2" collet and still use the original retaining nut or would i have to buy both collet & nut for a 1/2" setup? Also would they have to be original Dewalt or Elu parts.

Cheers Tim. At least now i will only have to buy a 1/2" collet, still quite annoying though. So will i have to get an original dewalt part for this particular model ...or are there any alternatives?

If you get a 1/2” collet do yourself a favour and get another nut as well. Swapping them over is a real pain and well worth a couple of quid for an extra nut.

What memzey said.

You might be able to buy generic collets but I wouldn't for the sake of £30 or so, it is after all the only thing between you and a possibly loose or flying router cutter. :shock:

Elu collets fit and I think the Trend ones as well.

Making picture frame mouldings is much easier and safer on a router table, most moulding bits are large diameter and need the stability of a table set up.

Mike

Latest posts

Back