Magnetic child-proof locks for kitchen cabs.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Brown

Freeloading Social media influenza
Reaction score
Any have any recommendations or warnings? Our grandson is 15 months and a big strong boy. I reckon he'd master the simple child-proof catches in 10 minutes.

Son and daughter-in-law have a lot of them fitted because they foster, but they're in the USA. I'll ask them which ones and see if they're available here - they work well through 3/8" plywood and would probably do fine through thicker wood, too. In any case you could always double up on the actuating magnet if necessary.

The only annoying thing with theirs is that the location of the lock isn't obvious from the outside, so you can spend a while fiddling about to get the exact spot to trip the catch. This is a nuisance if you are trying to get at the medicines box!

I think a sticky label or something would be helpful - they know the exact spot for each cupboard but we didn't.

E.

When the kids were young I used similar to what LarryS linked to and they worked really well.

Now the kids are grown up and the locks gone but I have kept the magnet key, its fantastic for finding the studs behind plasterboard as it sticks to the screws/nails, a little trick I saw on youtube and amaze other tradesmen with.

Back