Mystery Tool ID

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dokkodo

Established Member
Reaction score
Found one of these in an antiques market. What is one of these though?!

Attachments

• IMG_3825.JPG
    IMG_3825.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 940
  • IMG_3826.JPG
    IMG_3826.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 940
  • IMG_3827.JPG
    IMG_3827.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 940
I don't actually know but I think it might be to hold a row of letters. Possibly for a bookbinder to put the title onto the spine of a book, used with gold foil.
I'm assuming that one screw adjusts the width of the slot and the other adjusts the length of the line of lettering.

I've since found one on eBay which confirms my deduction - offered as Buy it Now at £85.
Did you buy this one?

I tried giving away a heel shave I'd picked up for nowt in a joblot. Was similarly guided by A Quiet Word From Wiser Knowledge by Andy.
I retired on the sales, lived on St Kitts and spent the days on my yacht with my strippers. However in the end, it turned out Nitromors had reduced the effectiveness of their original solutions and that business went under. So I went back to cleaning windows for a living.
Only part of the above statement is true but praise be to Andy anyway.
We don't deserve you fella. =D>

Bm101":2xhtsxd0 said:
So I went back to cleaning windows for a living.
I assume it's an interesting job, since you're such a nosey parker and all.....?

I also claim my £5.

Tasky":ow1skizi said:
Bm101":ow1skizi said:
So I went back to cleaning windows for a living.
I assume it's an interesting job, since you're such a nosey parker and all.....?
I also claim my £5.

:| Eh?

Back