planer thicknesser deal heads up

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexfn

Established Member
Reaction score
planer thicknesser deal heads up

hi guys just to let you know there is a 12 hour deal on a planer thicknesser on rutlands. 250 down to 150

ive only used them for a few small things so first big item from them for me, used payapal as i hear mixed reviews of rutlands

i never normally check emails from rutlands but after ive seen this i went through my emails from them and have seen they have been doing these 12 hour deals for a little while. noticed id missed a sweet deal on a chip extractor last week, just my luck as thats what im looking for

anyone recommend a good budget chip extractor? id go up to 300-350 but would prefer to spend around 200

I managed to get the sweet deal on the chip extractor last week. On first impressions, it seems ok for the money. It sucked up some dust and was fairly quiet although not particularly powerful. I think it's only really suitable for connecting to one machine at a time. It's probably not powerful enough for running it though lengthy ducting. Also getting the dust bag on and off is very fiddly. I'll have to do something to improve that.

Don't take too much notice of the reviews on the Rutlands site. There are never any bad ones! I've bought quite a lot of stuff from them over the years, and nothing has gone wrong yet so no experience of their customer service.

My Makita thicknesser came with a hood to send the chippings away
t9M0Hbph.jpg

Bought the Dust extractor last week; It's good :)
...will try it on the Mak soon

Yeah thats the one. Link is on the homepage.

Does look to be a generic machine. But with a better power rating than most at 2000w i already have a scheppach plana 3.0 but i like this type of thicknesser because i can take it to a job if need be. Can use it outside when the neighbours need taught a lesson (hammer) :lol: and in the workshop it can sit in a recess so its level for a infeed/outfeed table.

Hope it stands up.i did kill a 1400w Triton one previously but in its defense i knew i was probably asking too much of it.

Gutted i missed the chip extractor for 86 quid. At that price it could be machine specific and just sit next to the one machine.

Rutlands offers see to come round again fairly frequently. It'll probably be back again at some point.

For example, I bought their air brad nailer/pinner combo last year for £70 (which is very good BTW). That seems to be on offer at least twice per year. As is their pack of 3 Japanese saws.

Latest posts

Back